Interested in MBA/Engineering/Other Courses
Please fill in your details below and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Why Register in Minglebox?
- Browse colleges for admission related information
- Browse course details offered by the colleges
- Get to know about latest happenings in educational sector
- Access to free mock up test for various entrance exam
Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU), Kottayam was established in 1983, one of the four affiliating universities in Kerala, is the premier educational institution that strives to fulfill the higher educational needs of the people of Central Kerala. It is a University that conducts a range of programs at the undergraduate, postgraduate, M Phil and doctoral levels through its 16 University departments, 7 self-financing departments, 82 aided affiliated colleges (of which 8 are colleges with potential for excellence), 158 unaided affiliated colleges and 73 recognized research institutes.
Mahatma Gandhi University envisions to champion the cause of higher education in the country by catering to the scholastic, expertise and developmental needs of the individual, the society and the industry through the creation of a critical knowledge base with well-defined means for its dissemination and extension for the society’s sustained and inclusive growth, to create an environment that would foster higher education in its area of jurisdiction and to create educated individuals qualified in specialized areas of knowledge.
Campus of Mahatma Gandhi University -
The main campus is set on the sprawling 110-acre campus called Priyadarshini Hills at Athirampuzha, 13 kms off Kottayam, the University also has seven satellite campuses in parts of Kottayam and the neighbouring districts.
Facilities at Mahatma Gandhi University -
- Placement Cell
Constituent Colleges at Mahatma Gandhi University -
- University College of Engineering
- University Colleges of Applied Sciences
- University College of Medical Education
- University Colleges of Nursing
- University Colleges of Pharmacy
- University College of Teacher Education
- Departments of Journalism, Library Science
Schools/ Departments at Mahatma Gandhi University -
- School of Behavioral Sciences
- School of Bio-Sciences
- School of Chemical Sciences
- School of Computer Sciences
- School of Distance Education
- School of Environmental Sciences
- School of Gandhian Thought and Development Studies
- School of Indian Legal Thought
- School of International Relations and Politics
- School of Letters
- School of Pedagogical Sciences
- School of Physical Education and Sports Sciences
- School of Pure and Applied Physics
- School of Management and Business Studies
- School of Social Sciences
- Department of Life Long Learning and Extension
- School of Tourism Studies
Academic Life at Mahatma Gandhi University -
It imparts education in the conventional disciplines of science, social science and the humanities as well as in the professional disciplines of medicine, nursing, pharmacy, dentistry, engineering, technology, pedagogy and legal studies. The University has also made its educational presence felt outside its territorial jurisdiction through the Off-campus Centres of the School of Distance Education. At present Mahatma Gandhi University offers research programs in over forty disciplines through its own Schools as well as through its approved research centres.
The teaching programs conducted under the Credit and Semester System (CSS) in the statutory departments of teaching and research, organized as interdisciplinary Schools, are marked by their innovative curricula and their learner-oriented approaches.
International Collaboration at Mahatma Gandhi University -
The University is also involved in active collaboration with research institutions of international reputation such as the Max Planck Institute of Technology, Germany, Brown University, USA, University of Nantes, France, California Institute of Technology, USA, University of Toronto, Canada, Catholic University, Belgium, Heidelberg University, Germany, and the Institute of Political Studies, Rennes, France.
Some of the members of the faculty have proved to be frontrunners in the development of indigenous technologies and are holders of as many as twenty patents, including four US patents. A considerable percentage of the alumni of the University are comfortably placed in the country and abroad as academics, scientists and professionals.
|Name||:||Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam|
|Location||:||Priyadarsini Hills P.O.