Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal was established in 1957. MIT is one of the first self-financing engineering colleges in the country. In 2000, the college became a constituent institute of the deemed university - Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), which is today known as Manipal University.
The mission of MIT is to educate students professionally to face social challenges by providing a healthy learning environment grounded well in the principles of engineering, promoting creativity, and nurturing teamwork. Their goal is to be a world class technical institution fostering innovation, leadership and entrepreneurial spirit.
Why choose Manipal Institute of Technology?
- MIT is ranked top five among the private engineering colleges of India and rated as A+ category institute by the MHRD, India.
- MIT is ranked 11th among Private Engineering Colleges in India by the National Institutinal Ranking Framework (NIRF), MHRD, Government of India April 2016.
- MIT has excellent placement and industrial liaison activities
- The institute has Green residential campus with over 7500 students and 500 faculties.
- MIT was awarded the best in the engineering college by the World Consulting and Research Corporation (WCRC) Leaders’ Inaugural Asian Education Summit, New Delhi in January, 2014.
Facilities at Manipal Institute of Technology -
- Computing Facilities
- Food Court
Departments at Manipal Institute of Technology –
- Department of Aeronautical & Automobile Engineering
- Department of Biomedical Engineering
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Applications
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Humanities & Management
- Department of Information & Communication Technology
- Department of Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering
- Department of Mechatronics Engineering
- Department of Physics
- Department of Printing & Media Engineering
Placement Cell at Manipal Institute of Technology –
Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT) has always been very proactive in placing the students into the jobs of their preference. The institute has a well-organized placement team headed by the Associate Director (Industrial Liaison, Placements and Practice School), comprising of faculty and student coordinators from each department. On an average, 60 companies visit MIT Manipal for campus recruitments every year.
Top Recruiters –
- Juniper Networks
- Maruti Suzuki
|Name||:||Manipal Institute of Technology|