Medical University of Gdansk (MUG) was established in 1945 as Akademia Lekarska in Gdansk. In 1950 its name was changed to Akademia Medyczna (The Medical University of Gdansk). Ever since its creation, Medical University of Gdansk has paid special attention to the development of its teaching and clinical framework. Many new research institutes and clinics have been established, the equipment has been modernized, new facilities have been created and all the buildings including the campus have been equipped with computers and a computer network.
Currently, MUG offers education in nearly all medical professions and classes can also be conducted in English. The University is intensively conducting scientific research which is reflected by its high position in the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education ranking and by many awards for its staff. The Medical University of Gdansk carries out active international exchange within “Lifelong Learning Programme”, takes part in Baltic Sea Region University Network (BSRUN) and ScanBalt.
Facilities at Medical University of Gdansk -
- Class rooms
- Financial Aid
- Career Services
Faculties at Medical University of Gdansk-
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pharmacy, and the Intercollegiate
- Faculty of Biotechnology of the University of Gdansk and the Medical University of Gdansk