National Institute of Technology (NITC), Calicut established in 1961, is a technical Institution of national importance set up by an Act of parliament (Act 29 of 2007) namely, the National Institute of technology Act 2007, which received the assent of the President of India on 5th June,2007.
Their mission is to develop high quality technical education and personnel with a sound footing on basic engineering principles, technical and managerial skills, innovative research capabilities, and exemplary professional conduct to lead and to use technology for the progress of mankind, adapting themselves to changing technological environment with the highest ethical values as the inner strength.
National Institute of Technology Calicut offers academic programmes leading to B.Tech., B. Arch., M.Tech., MBA, M.C.A, M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in the appropriate disciplines. NITC has well-qualified faculty strength of 188 and dedicated support staff of about 232. Apart from teaching, NITC is engaged in a wide spectrum of activities covering research and development, industrial consultancy, continuing education and faculty & staff development.
Campus of NIT-Calicut -
NITC is located about 22 km north-east of Calicut City in the state of Kerala, India. It stretches over a length of about 1.5 km along the Calicut-Mukkam road, extending over an area of approximately 120 hectares. The Institute has a state-of-the-art library consisting of digital library, “NALANDA” (Net work of Automated Library and Archives) and a conventional library of books, journals and bound volumes. The main computer centre, which is open 24 hours a day, has all the relevant software packages and latest computers with internet facilities. To provide service to the campus residents, State Bank of India, Post Office, Canteen & Co-operative Store are also functioning in the campus.
Facilities at NIT-Calicut -
- Guest House
- Computer Centre
- Health Centre
- NITC Hostels
- Seminar Halls
- Sports & Games
Departments/Schools at NIT-Calicut -
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Physics
- Department of Physical Education
- School of Biotechnology
- School of Management Studies
- School of Nano Science and Technology
NIT-Calicut Entrance Exams -
Following are the entrance exams accepted by NIT-Calicut -
- AIEEE is an entrance exam conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for admissions in to various undergraduate (BE/B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Planning) courses.
- GATE is an entrance exam conducted annually for admissions to various science and technology post-graduate programs.
- NIMCET is a national level test conducted by NITs for admission in to their MCA programmes.
- CAT is an all-India test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for admissions in to MBA program.
Placements in NIT-Calicut -
Invitations are sent to corporate firms and R&D organizations along with the job notification form. The JNF is made available to the students and the department of training and placement propose a date for the PPT and the selection process. Firms / organizations are expected to visit the campus on the date allotted to them and conducts the PPT. Interested students attends the PPT and resumes are made available to firms.
After that the firms conduct the selection process in the campus. The firms visiting the campus are required to furnish the final list of students selected to the Professor, Training and Placement after the completion of the selection process. Some of their recruiters are CISCO, Microsoft, Oracle, TCS, Wipro, Yahoo, Whirlpool, L&T, HSBC, Google, Samsung, Covansys, Oracle and Philips.
|Name||:||National Institute of Technology, Calicut (NITC)|
|Location||:||NIT Campus Post
|Contact No||:||0495-2286118, 2286119|