National Institute of Technology (NITD), Durgapur (formerly Regional Engineering College, Durgapur), was established by an Act of Parliament in 1960 as one of the eight such colleges aimed to function as a pace setter for Engineering education in the country and to foster national integration. It is a fully-funded premier Technological Institution of the Government of India and is administered by an autonomous Board of Governors.
The Institute imparts education in the disciplines of chemical engineering, civil engineering, computer science and engineering, electrical engineering, electronics and communication engineering, mechanical engineering, metallurgical and materials engineering, information technology, biotechnology, physics, chemistry, mathematics, environmental science, materials science and management studies.
Campus of NIT, Durgapur -
The Institute is located about 160 kms north-west of Kolkata on the Howrah-Delhi Main Railway-Route and overlooking the National Highway No. 2 (the great Grand- Trunk Road). The Institute spreads over an area of 187 acres of land.
Facilities at NIT, Durgapur -
- Computer Centre
- Health Care
- Guest House
- Post O ffice
Departments at NIT, Durgapur -
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Application
- Department of Computer Centre
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Management Studies
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Department of Physics
Placements in NIT, Durgapur -
The placement office facilitates in securing placements for students passing out from the Institute. The office keeps close liaison with various industrial establishments (both private and public sectors), which conduct campus interviews and select graduate and post-graduate students from all disciplines. The placement cell provides the infra-structural facilities to conduct group discussions, tests and interviews.
The office interacts with over 150 industries in the country, of which nearly 50 companies visit the campus for holding campus interviews. The Placement office is assisted by a committee comprising of representatives of students from the under-graduate and post-graduate streams.
Top Recruiters –
- TCS Cap Gemini
|Name||:||National Institute of Technology, Durgapur (NITD)|
|Location||:||Mahatma Gandhi Avenue