Nilratan Sircar Medical College & Hospital (NRS), Kolkata was established in 1873 as Sealdah Medical School. In 1884 it was named as Campbell Medical School and later on in June 1948 upgraded as Campbell Medical College. In 1950 the College was renamed as Nilratan Sircar Medical College after the name of the great freedom fighter and alumni of this institution.
This College and Hospital had a bed strength of 1890. During the year 1998, 62,165 patients were admitted and 56,310 were discharged, the total number OD patients treated in O.P.D during the year were 8, 25,699. A Medical teachers' training center of the state has already been setup in the Academic Building of this Institution. A few batches have already received training in different disciplines.
Facilities at Nilratan Sircar Medical College & Hospital -
- Lecture Theatre
- Seminar Hall
Academic Life at Nilratan Sircar Medical College & Hospital -
Apart from under-graduate courses, the post-graduate degree and diploma and diploma courses in various disciplines are run. The colleges partake in BDS, MDS, and NIOH curriculum including theory and practical classes. General Nursing-cum- Midwifery Course for 3 years with 50 yearly admissions is another side of this institution. There is a great fush and demand of this course.
|Name||:||Nilratan Sircar Medical College & Hospital|
|Location||:||138 , AJC Bose Road
|Contact No||:||033-22653333, 22441330|