Northern State Medical University (NSMU) in Arkhangelsk is the center for most of NW Russia; Arkhangelsk oblast, Vologda oblast, Murmansk oblast, Nenets Okrug, Komi republic and Karelia republic. They have the agreement with 6 governors of North-West Russia. Nowadays about 5500 (8000 with PG) of students study at the faculties. University buildings and clinics are provided with up-to-date equipment. There are 55 departments, 27 of them are clinical based in the best clinics of the city.
NSMU have the educational and scientific contacts and student exchange with universities of Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden and Finland), Central and Eastern Europe (Germany and Poland). From 1992 in the NSMU, foreign citizens are educated. First foreign students were citizens of India, Syria and Pakistan. Now, about 400 students from 17 foreign countries study in the NSMU.
Before entering the university, these students complete the course of Russian and special subjects at the Preparatory Departments. From 1992 till now, more than 700 persons graduated from the Preparatory Department & English Medium Medical course 95% of its graduates have entered the NSMU.
Why Choose Northern State Medical University?
- More than 100 graduates of NSMU are working abroad (USA, UK, Canada, Israel, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Netherlands and Denmark etc).
- 19 graduates have the foreign scientific degrees (Ph.D).
- About 20 graduates are preparing their Ph.D now in Norway, Sweden, Finland and Germany.
- The University offers students practical studies and training to become doctors, nurses, psychologists, specialists in social work, etc.
- The graduates are working more than in 20 countries.
- Number of international students in the NSMU is continuously growing.
- Computer Center
- Internet Facility
- Clinical Base
- NSMU Museum
- Students' Polyclinic, University Clinic
- NSMU Sports and Wellness Center
- International Faculty of General Practitioners
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Dental Faculty
- Pediatric Faculty
- Faculty of Social Workers
- Faculty of Medical Prophylactics
- Faculty of Medical Psychology
- Faculty of Nursery
- Faculty of Postgraduate Education
- Faculty of Ecology
- Pharmaceutical Faculty
- Faculty of Adaptive Physical Culture
- Faculty of Medical Biology
- Institute of Management