Northland Polytechnic was established in 1978 as Northland Community College, with a staff of ten tutors. The college was hailed as "a significant centre for learning and an administrative centre for courses to be run in the wider community." In 1987 Northland Community College changed its name to Northland Polytechnic [Tai Tokerau Wananga] and to NorthTec [Tai Tokerau Wananga] in June 2006.
NorthTec is situated in the northern most region of New Zealand, servicing a population base of approximately 160,000. NorthTec remains the only Northland-based Tertiary Education Institute (TEI) that offers programs from foundation to degree level. Working closely with local and national industries, NorthTec provides practical, quality training that meets Northland’s needs.
Campuses of Northland Polytechnic -
NorthTec has campuses and learning centres in Whangarei, Kerikeri, Rawene, Kaikohe and Kaitaia. NorthTec also has over 60 community-based delivery points from Coatesville in rural Rodney to Ngataki in the Far North.
- Whangarei campus - The main campus is located on Raumanga Valley Road. In Whangarei, NorthTec also has locations at Future Trades, ASB Stadium and Kamo Road.
- Kerikeri campus - NorthTec’s Kerikeri campus is well known for its Arts prograe.
- Kaitaia campus - In this friendly Far North Township sits NorthTec’s northernmost campus.
- Rawane campus - Friendly tutors, whanau atmosphere and supportive local community make Rawene a great place to study.
- Kaikohe campus - The Kaikohe Learning Centre is run by the community, for the community.
Why Choose Northland Polytechnic?
- High Quality Education.
- Personalized student support.
- Great campus location.
- 32 years of career focused education.
- National and international qualification.
Facilities at Northland Polytechnic -
- Class rooms
- Financial Aid
- Media Center
- Career Service
- Health Centre
- Book Shop
- Counseling Services