Otago Polytechnic was established in 1966. It provides excellent learning experiences for a wide range of learners nationally and internationally. It is a cornerstone of the economic, social and cultural development of the Otago region. They prepare learners for successful and fulfilling careers in a wide range of trades, industries and professions. They are active and present throughout Otago, delivering programs through their campuses and learning centres in Dunedin, Mosgiel, Cromwell, Alexandra, Wanaka and Queenstown.
They lead in the sector of education for health professions, fine arts, design, veterinary nursing, animal care and information technology. Learners are also attracted to innovative programs in outdoor education, viticulture, adventure tourism, hospitality and construction. They work closely with other tertiary providers and secondary schools to facilitate access to and from programs, either through curriculum alignment or credit transfer arrangements.
Campuses of Otago Polytechnic -
The Otago Polytechnic has two campuses are -
- Dunedin campus - Their main campus is on Forth St, in the heart of Dunedin's student area.
- Central Otago campus - Their Central Otago campus is in cromwell. The Centre for Sustainable Practice is also based at their Central Otago campus and the Horticultural Unit is based at Bannockburn. It offers the widest variety of programs of the three venues.
Why Choose Otago Polytechnic?
- The university offers internationally recognized qualifications.
- They rank #1 in supporting students achieves their goals.
- Students will be benefited from their award-winning and inspiring staff.
- Students will experience an outstanding study environment and learning by ‘doing’.
- Life in Otago is fun and affordable.
- Dunedin is a young and safe city.
Facilities at Otago Polytechnic -
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Childcare Centre
- Counseling Services
- Student Health Services
- Sports Facilities
Schools and Institutes at Otago Polytechnic -
- School of Applied Business
- School of Architecture, Building and Engineering
- Dunedin School of Art
- School of Design
- School of Hospitality
- School of Information technology
- School of Midwifery
- School of Natural Resources
- School of Nursing
- School of Occupational Therapy
- School of Social Services
- Institute of Sport and Adventure
- School of Veterinary Nursing
Career Service at Otago Polytechnic -
Otago Polytechnic is one of the best tertiary institutions in New Zealand for practical, hands-on learning that will prepare students to launch an exciting career. Their programs are grouped into seven ‘career pathways’.