Panjab University (PU), Chandigarh was established in 1882 at Lahore. PU is one of the oldest universities in India. University has 188 affiliated colleges spread over Punjab and having one rural Regional Centre at Kauni, and 3 Regional Centres at Muktsar, Ludhiana and Hoshiarpur.The University became an Inter-State Body Corporate catering to the newly organised states of Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and U.T. of Chandigarh.
The Panjab University has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts and sports. The University supports excellence and innovation in academic programs, promotes excellence in research, scholarship and teaching and is committed to attracting and supporting the best students and faculty who excel at teaching and research. For more than a century, it has served various societal needs with distinction.
Campus of Panjab University -
University campus is spread over an area of 550 acres (2.2 km2) in sectors 14 and 25 of the city of Chandigarh.
Why choose Panjab University?
- One of the oldest Universities in India
- University has 75 teaching and research departments and 15 Centers/Chairs for teaching and research at the main campus located at Chandigarh
- University has 188 affiliated colleges spread over Punjab and having one rural Regional Centre at Kauni and 3 Regional Centres at Muktsar, Ludhiana and Hoshiarpur.
- University has 4 constituent colleges located at Sikhwala (Sri Muktsar Sahib), Balachaur (SBS Nagar), Nihalsingh Wala (Moga) and Guru Harsahai (Ferozepur)
Facilities at Panjab University -
- Computer Center
Faculties at Panjab University -
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Business Management and Commerce
- Faculty of Design and Fine Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Languages
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
|Name||:||Panjab University, Chandigarh|