Raja Balwant Singh College (R.B.S. College), Agra was established in 1885. The college is recognised by UGC and accredited by NAAC. It is formerly known as Balwant Rajput College, is known for its phenomenal epoch-making progress. The institution having a gigantic stature presently, started as a small boarding house for 20 students in the out house of The Kotla House in Bagh Farzana area of civil lines, Agra. Credit goes to Raja Balwant Singh of Awagarh, the founder to get the Boarding House, recognised as High School in 1899, from where the first batch of students appeared at the Matriculation Examination of Allahabad University in 1901.
The High School was raised to the level of an Intermediate College in 1928 and to that of a Degree College in 1940. With the commencement of degree classes in 1940, the institution was recognised to establish two separate institutions The B.R. High School and The B.R. College (degree and intermediate classes). In 1966, the Intermediate classes running in the degree college were merged with the High School making it an Intermediate college.R.B.S. College provides undergraduate courses.
Facilities at Raja Balwant Singh College -
- Financial Assistance
- Class Room
- Book Bank
- Postal Facility
Faculties at Raja Balwant Singh College -
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Science
|Name||:||Raja Balwant Singh College, Agra|
|Location||:||Raja Balwant Singh Road