Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Patiala was established in 2006 by the State Legislature of Punjab. RGNUL, a leading law school of India, is a pioneer institution in the field of legal education and research. The University acquired approval of the Bar Council of India (BCI) and also got registered with the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi. RGNUL is an autonomous body, governed by its own Statutory Councils. The teaching methodology entails both intensive and extensive class room teaching and participative learning.
The objective of the university is to evolve and impart comprehensive legal education including distant and continuing legal education at all levels to achieve excellence and organize advanced studies and promote research in all branches of law.
Campus of Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law -
RGNUL was functioning from a heritage building of the erstwhile Patiala State, that is, Mohindra Kothi, The Mall, Patiala located in the heart of Patiala city in a pollution free environment. The main campus of the University is at Sidhuwal, Bhadson Road, Patiala in an area of 50 acres of land.
The new campus at Sidhuwal is a 47.30 acres sprawling campus owing its location in the heart of greenery, endeavours to function as a Green University and adequate steps have been taken, such as installing latest technology for rain water harvesting, sewage treatment plant, solar cell panels and plantation of trees.
Why Choose Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law?
- RGNUL provides students with holistic academic and professional environment conducive to grooming prospective professionals in the field of law.
- The University is going to admit new batch of graduation and post-graduation courses in law in the forthcoming session through the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) to be conducted at the national level.
- The University is member of various national and internationalprofessional organizations and is also in the process of obtaining membership of some other.
Facilities at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law -
- Class rooms
- Lecture Halls
- Computer Labs
- Reading Hall
- Health Centre
- Sports Facilities
Centres at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law -
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Criminal Law (CASCL)
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Human Rights (CASIHR)
- Centre for Advanced Studies in International Humanitarian Law (CASH)
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Labour Welfare (CASLW)
- Centre for Consumer Protection Law and Advocacy (CCPLA)
- Directorate of Distance Education (DODE)
- RGNUL Institute of Competitive Examination (RICE)
- School of Agricultural Law and Economics (SALE)
- School of Social Sciences and Inter- Disciplinary Studies (SSSIS)
Student Life at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law -
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law prides itself on being a vibrant center of activities and a law school with freshen spirit. The students balance the rigorous academic endeavors with equal parts fun and recreation. The university conducts a large number of events including sports leagues, intra-debates, cultural fests and other programs.
Career Services at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law -
The very object of the Internship and Placement Committee (IPC) is to provide the students a planned transition from the University curriculum to a personal and professional setting in a students’ area of interest. It also helps the students in guiding and planning their practical training programs and placement.
Top Recruiters -
- Airports Authority of India
- Corporate Law Group
- Escorts Group
- ICICI Lombard
- Sahara India
- Sears Holdings Corporation, Chicago, Illinois
- Tata Steel Ltd
- UltraTech Cement Limited
|Name||:||Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law|
|Location||:||Sidhuwal - Bhadson Road