Regional Institute of Education (RIE), Mysore was established in 1963. The pre-service teacher education programs of the institute are affiliated to the University of Mysore and cater to the needs of south Indian states namely Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Union Territories of Pondicherry and Lakshadweep. Regional Institute of Education, Mysore is a constituent unit of National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), an autonomous body under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The Regional Institute main the objective is qualitative improvement of school education through innovative pre-service and in-service teacher training programs and relevant research, development and extension activities. The school serves as an epicenter for trying out new and innovative strategies in curriculum and pedagogy.
Campus of Regional Institute of Education –
The institute is located to the west of Mysore city on a sprawling, picturesque, 120 acre campus.
Why Choose Regional Institute of Education?
- RIE has a strong team of faculty members who have proven excellence in teaching and research
- RIE work closely with the Ministry of Human Resource Development in implementing various Government of India initiatives in school education
- RIE has a good track record of campus placement for the students and in the recent years almost 100% of them get the placements through the campus recruitment.
- RIE committed to delivering quality teacher education programs both pre-service and in-service.
Facilities at Regional Institute of Education -
- Audio Video Studio
- Computer Resource Centre
- Health Clinic
Scholarships at Regional Institute of Education –
All students belonging to the scheduled castes/tribes admitted to the institute shall be awarded scholarship, if they are not getting any financial assistance from any other source. Up to 50% of the remaining students will be awarded the merit-cum-means scholarship as per rules.
Departments at Regional Institute of Education –
- Department of Education
- Department of Education in Science and Mathematics
- Department of Education in Social Science and Humanities
- Department of Extension Education
Placement Cell at Regional Institute of Education –
Through campus placement activity, the institute provides opportunity both to employing organizations as well as young professional aspirants. A large number of schools visit the campus every year and recruit eligible students from the campus. The number of students placed through campus recruitment activity is increasing every year.
|Name||:||Regional Institute of Education|
|Contact No||:||0821 - 2514095|