Richard Ivey School of Business was established in 1922, is located on the University of Western Ontario campus in London, Ontario and is consistently rated as the top business school in Canada. The University of Western Ontario created the Department of Commercial Economics within the Faculty of Arts in 1922 to offer elective course work in business.
The first degree program was the Bachelor of Arts Honors in Business Administration HBA. In 1948, Canada's first MBA program was added. In 1950, the university created a separate faculty as the School of Business Administration. In 1998, the school is named after Richard G. Ivey.
Campuses of Richard Ivey School of Business -
Richard Ivey School of Business is established as four distinct campuses at four different geographic locations. The campuses are
- London - Ivey's main campus is affiliated with Western University and is located on the Western campus in London, Ontario. The Spencer Leadership Centre is located minutes away from Ivey's main campus. Home to the MBA and Executive programs, Spencer sits on 30 acres of beautifully landscaped parkland.
- Toronto - Located in the Exchange Tower in Toronto's financial district, the ING DIRECT Leadership Centre is a state of the art executive teaching facility.
- Hong Kong - Ivey's Cheng Yu Tung Management Institute is located in the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre and offers both Executive MBA and Executive Development programs.
- Mumbai - Ivey's Mumbai campus caters effectively the business needs in the Indian subcontinent.
Why Choose Richard Ivey School of Business?
- The school is currently involved in business education with the pioneering Cross-Enterprise Leadership approach to teaching and research.
- Ivey Business School has earned an international reputation for its teaching and research excellence and the high calibre of its students and faculty
- Over 40% of all Ivey alumni hold the title of Chair, President, C-Suite, Vice-President, Managing Director or Partner
- Renowned for its "case method," Ivey Business School is one of the two most important producers of business cases in the world alongside Harvard.
- Ivey is the world's largest producer of current Asian and Indian business cases.
Facilities at Richard Ivey School of Business -
- Class Rooms
- Hostel Facility
- Leadership Centre
Institutes/Centres at Richard Ivey School of Business -
- Asian Management Institute
- Ben Graham Centre for Value Investing
- Ian O. Ihnatowycz Institute for Leadership
- Ivey Energy Policy and Management Centre
- Ivey International Centre for Health Innovation
- Pierre L. Morrissette Institute for Entrepreneurship
- Lawrence National Centre for Policy and Management
Career Services at Richard Ivey School of Business -
Richard Ivey School of Business provides Interview preparation courses. A career management electronic workbook is issued to the students to assess their capabilities. Resume preparation coaching is provided to all students of Ivey.