Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata was established in 1950. The Institute entered a contract with the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India by which SINP retains its autonomy with the administrative control now passing on to the DAE. Initially a part of the University of Calcutta, the Institute was accorded autonomy in 1951. It has the recognition of the University of Calcutta as a Centre for conducting research for doctoral degrees and providing facilities for teaching and research in Physical and Biological Sciences.
Campus of Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics -
SINP campus is located around 3 km from Ultadanga.
Facilities at Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics -
Divisions at Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics -
Division of Applied Nuclear Physics
Division of Astroparticle Physics & Cosmology
Division of Biophysics and Structural Genomics
Division of Chemical Sciences
Division of Computational Science
Division of Crystallography & Molecular Biology
Division of Condensed Matter Physics
Division of High Energy Nuclear & Particle Physics
* This information has been collected from
or by contacting the institute on phone. Trade Marks belong to the respective owners. If you are an official representative of the institute and wish to modify this information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org The listing was last modified on 27/04/2015