School of Distance Education and Learning, Jaipur National University (SODEL-JNU), Jaipur was established in 2008. In 2009, the University got approval from DEC and the Joint Committee of AICTE-UGC-DEC accorded its approval to start various programs of studies at under graduate and post graduate level. Quality assurance and maintenance have been the motto of the School of Distance Education & Learning, and has all along maintained parity with education offered to regular students in colleges and universities. The students are provided quality study material in Self Learning format and in addition to this counseling is provided by well educated and experienced academic counselors at the place near to their doorstep.
One of the great advantages of Distance Learning is that it provides a viable and affordable alternative to conventional mode of education, especially for those, who for several socio-economic, family and geographic constraints, could not get education despite their high motivation and genuine aptitude for studies and also for those who do not have time for education through conventional mode because of their personal, professional and family obligations.
Facilities at School of Distance Education and Learning, Jaipur National University -
- Study Materials
- Computerization and Internet Facilities
Advantages of School of Distance Education and Learning, Jaipur National University -
- Learning at students own pace, speed and convenience
- Just-in-time learning; more opportunities to learn the latest and the updated study materials
- Reaching the unreached; reaching those with restricted mobility (dropouts, housewives, handicapped, elderly people).
- Accessibility for those with family responsibilities (parents with young children at home).
- Exposure to telecommunication technology and access to media-rich learning environment