School of Planning and Architecture
Year Founded: 1941
Affiliation: Deemed University
Contact No: 011 - 2370 2375
Location: 4-Block-B, Indraprastha Estate , New Delhi, Delhi, India - 110002
School of Planning and Architecture (SPA), New Delhi was established in 1941 as a Department of Architecture of Delhi Polytechnic. It was later affiliated to the University of Delhi. On integration, the school was renamed as School of Planning and Architecture in 1959. Recognizing the specialized nature of the fields in which the school had attained eminence, in 1979, the Government of India, through the then Ministry of Education and Culture, conferred on the School of Planning and Architecture the status of Deemed to be a University.
The school is a specialized University, only one of its kinds, which exclusively provides training at various levels, in different aspects of human habitat and environment. The school has taken lead in introducing academic programs in specialized fields both at bachelor's and master's level, some of which are even today not available elsewhere in India. The school, in striving for excellence, has always been in the lead in extending education and research to new frontiers of knowledge.
Campus of School of Planning and Architecture -
The current SPA Delhi campus is located near ITO in Indraprastha Estate in New Delhi. A site of 20 acres has been acquired south of JNU by the school adjacent to Hotel Grand for developing a new campus.
Facilities at School of Planning and Architecture -
Departments at School of Planning and Architecture -
Courses offered by School of Planning and Architecture