For Admissions, Colleges & Courses
About the Institute
Shasun College School of Liberal Education, in response to the relevance and meaning of education of tomorrow, has designed an undergraduate program for women. This program takes into account the unique roles of women in social systems and settings as well as the emerging roles into the new sectors of growth in the country.
This education primarily shifts the existing focus on exclusive and silo streams of knowledge to the reality of continuity of knowledge and wisdom existing across millenniums. As such, this education emphasizes and focuses on the multiple roles and membership in various systems in which women are a part of. The SLE gives immense significance in preparing the young women to unfold their talents and at the same time preparing them to take care of both social and professional roles.
Why the Institute?
- Shasun College School of Liberal Education for Women helps to create a Center of Excellence on par With World Class Institutions.
- The Shasun College School of Liberal Education is the First Institute in South India to come up with liberal education course and first of its kind for women in India.
- The students will be housed with facilities like Classrooms, Library, Faculty Rooms, Syndicate Room, Dance Studios, Performing Arts Studio, Library, and Auditorium among other facilities. These facilities are modern and have been planned to enable student-student, student-faculty and faculty-faculty interaction within and outside the classroom spaces.
- This is different from other types of education where students develop professional or vocational skills for a specific job.
From Employer’s Point of View:
- Lucrative to Employers – because students will have the skills necessary to adapt in a changing workplace. Employers desire transferable skills (skills employees take with them to any job) typical of a liberal arts education. These include written and verbal communication skills and the ability to solve complex problems and work well with others.
From Student’s Point of View:
Through a liberal arts education, you acquire skills that will enable you to thrive in a rapidly changing world, including the ability to:
- Critically analyze and synthesize information and ideas
- Construct arguments drawing on several sources
- Persuade, both orally and in writing
- Understand relationships among different disciplines, ideas or historical trends
- Be comfortable with diversity and understand how cultural and ethnic backgrounds shape perspectives
- Think creatively and independently, and
- Exercise self-discipline and meet and exceed high expectations
Many of these abilities focus on how best to use information — gathering it, sifting through it, evaluating it, organizing it and sharing it effectively. These skills have never been more relevant
It gives me immense pleasure in welcoming you to School of Liberal Education, Shasun Jain College. The college in T-Nagar, Chennai started in 2004 with a vision to create an educational edifice for young women, where quality education and women empowerment would be of paramount importance. Hence, we embarked on a journey to create an institution which would bring pride to the founders, the stakeholders and the most chiefly its students. We are an eight years-young college, ranked consistently among the best in the city. It is our goal now to become a leader in women’s education.
It gives me great pleasure and a sense of pride in starting a Liberal Education Program in Chennai. In a sense, its a nostalgic feeling for me as, personally, I believe I had somewhat a Liberal Education way back in 1970's. Though it was a self learning, but it kind of shaped my life and gave me the experiences which I would not have got if I followed the conventional route. Hence, its a great privilege to embark on this journey, yet again, with numerous new friends.
Chairman, Shasun School of Liberal Education
Shasun Students discover extraordinary freedom of opportunity to explore, connect and to grow themselves. Kindly go through the Shasun College School of Liberal Education(SSLE) website to know more.
How to Apply
The School of Liberal Education follows a completely paperless online application process. Candidates are required to fill their personal details, educational details, achievements and extra curricular activities and a statement of purpose.
Payment of Application Fee
Your application will be considered as incomplete till your application payment is made. Your application fee is INR 2000 and it is non – refundable. It can be paid through the following modes:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
- Demand Draft
Once you have completed and submitted the online application form, you will receive the link to make the application fee payment. You will also receive a confirmation e-mail, your application number and a pdf copy of your submitted application form. Over the next few weeks, we will send you important information regarding your School of Liberal Education (SSLE) application status. Please check your registered e-mail account regularly.
Selection and Declaration
We will evaluate your candidature based on different selection criteria. The admission Results would be announced within 2 weeks after your personal interview. Your result will be e-mailed to you. If you are selected, you will receive a hard copy of you offer letter by courier as well.
The goal of our Admission Process is to select the best performing and well–rounded applicants who can contribute and enhance the learning experience at the Shasun College School of Liberal Education (SSLE).
We have an internal assessment process which considers the following aspects of the application.
- Statement of Purpose
- Admission Test (SEAT / SAT) & Academic Ratings
- Extra Curricular Activities / Achievements
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- Applicant Personality Profiling
We follow a sliding principle for selection, where we shortlist candidates based on their overall performance in all the parameters enlisted above. As an applicant, if you score below average in your entrance test, but your application is strong in other aspects, chances are you might still get an offer from The School of Liberal Education (SSLE).
These deadlines require : the Submitted online Application; the receipt of application fee , school certificates; as well any of the other forms you choose to submit.
|Application Period||Start Date||End Date|
|Cycle 1||14 Oct 2013||05 Jan 2014|
|Cycle 2||06 Jan 2014||15 April 2014|
|Cycle 3||16 April 2014||15 June 2014|
International Application Deadlines
Deadlines for International students are the same as those for all other students.
- The Campus is well equipped to house the requirements of the students of (SSLE) Shasun College School of Liberal Education.
- 100,000 gross square feet; sustainable construction standards.
- 26 state-of-the-art classrooms, 300 seat formal auditorium, Discussion room for staffs-students.
- Library of the future contains a large variety of group study and collaborative learning spaces.
- International standard Art studio, Music studio, Dance studio, Fashion design and textile design area.
- The new building can accommodate 5,000 students and 300 Staff members
- The new building was designed for lecture-style classrooms to be reconfigured into large seminar rooms.
- Study Material
- Broadband Ethernet, Wi-fi & IT services
- Experiential and outbound learning programs
- Sports, Medical, insurance and counseling
- Collaborations/Partnerships : MOU signed with University of Missouri
|Name||:||Shasun College School of Liberal Education|
|Location||:||No.3 Madley Road, T. Nagar
|Contact No||:||044 - 2432 8506 /07, 09566186186|