Sikkim Manipal University Directorate of Distance Education (SMU-DE), Manipal was established in 2001. It was established by the Sikkim Manipal University of Health, Medical and Technological Sciences as part of its efforts to bring education to the masses to fulfill the growing demand for professionals. The programs offered by SMU are recognized by the Distance Education Council of the Government of India. Sikkim Manipal University was established in 1995, and is a unique venture between the Government of Sikkim and the Manipal Group.
Distance Education (DE), distance learning or online learning, is a field of education that focuses on the pedagogy, technology, and instructional systems design that aim to deliver education to students who are not physically on site. Distance learning courses that require a physical on-site presence for any reason including the taking of examinations is considered to be a hybrid or blended course of study.
Campus of Sikkim Manipal University Directorate of Distance Education -
The beautiful campus is located in Majitar and Rangpo, amongst the picturesque settings of river Teesta and Kanchendzonga Mountains. It hosts the second largest hospital in Sikkim, providing healthcare to the masses.
Why Choose Sikkim Manipal University Directorate of Distance Education?
- Sikkim Manipal University Directorate of Distance Education has widespread recognition.
- It provides quality distance education.
- It provides on time delivery of courseware, exams and Results.
- It offers student support and engagement.
- It makes learning accessible and affordable.
- SMU-DE is ISO 9001: 2000 certified.
Departments at Sikkim Manipal University Directorate of Distance Education -
- Department of Engineering
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Computer Application
- Department of Applied Sciences