Simon Fraser University (SFU) was established in 1965. It is named after a famous explorer and known for its pioneering spirit. Today with three campuses, 30,000 students, 6,500 faculty and staff and 120,000 alumni, SFU has matured into one of the world’s leading teaching and research universities.
Simon Fraser University is consistently ranked among Canada’s top comprehensive universities in Macleans magazine's annual student survey, and in 2012 appeared in Times Higher Education world rankings of 100 universities under 50 years old.
Campuses of Simon Fraser University-
SFU has three culturally diverse and architecturally distinctive campuses in Burnaby, Surrey and Vancouver:
- Burnaby campus: It is the original and main campus that houses more than three dozen academic buildings and offers a picturesque viewpoint of Metro Vancouver.
- Surrey campus: The Surrey campus forms a vibrant community hub in BC’s fastest-growing city, home to one of Canada’s largest South Asian communities.
- Vancouver campus: It comprised of several buildings in the heart of one of the world’s most livable cities.
Facilities at Simon Fraser University –
- Recreation facility
Faculties at Simon Fraser University –
- Faculty of Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
- Faculty of Environment
- Faculty of Business Administration
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology
- Faculty of Science
Accreditation of Simon Fraser University –
In 2012, the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) approved SFU as a candidate for accreditation at the doctoral degree level, indicating that the university has achieved initial recognition and is progressing toward accreditation. The NWCCU is recognized as the regional authority on educational authority and institutional effectiveness of higher education institutions.
Student services at Simon Fraser University-
The students of Simon Fraser University are offered support services which include counseling, financial assistance, orientation and leadership programs, health care centers etc.
Career services at Simon Fraser University –
Simon Fraser University offers its students career services which include self serve job posting, workshops on interview and resume preparations, Job fairs etc.