Sivanath Sastri College, Kolkata was established in 1879 by a band of patriotic and dedicated workers headed by Late Ananda Mohan Bose. The Commerce department of the college was inaugurated in 1939 and south Calcutta branch of the Commerce department started in 1946 as an emergency measure to provide facilities to South Calcutta students. The unit named after the hallowed memory of late Pandit Sivanath Sastri, an illustrious son of Bengal, was separately affiliated in 1961 to the Calcutta University.
The success of all the arrangements has been amply borne out by the long and sustained record to brilliant achievements of the students if the college in all university examinations. Though the College Governed by a separate governing body, it is under control of the Central Council of the Brahmo Samaj Education Society in the matter of policy, operation and co-ordination.
Facilities at Sivanath Sastri College -
- Computer Lab
- Guidance & Counseling
- Sports Facility
|Name||:||Sivanath Sastri College|
|Contact No||:||033 - 2461 - 2689|