Southern Institute of Technology (SIT) is one of the 18 government polytechnics and institutes of technology offering tertiary education throughout New Zealand. SIT programs are accredited and approved by New Zealand Qualifications Authority up to postgraduate level. SIT has a proud history of vocational education and training. For about 40 years they have been providing students with quality education across a range of subject areas and at a variety of levels including postgraduate study.
These various levels enables the students to enter their training at the level that suits them and to progress as they are ready. Many of their programs link to higher level qualifications at SIT and other institutions in New Zealand and throughout the world. They are constantly developing these relationships to ensure that their graduates have maximum mobility.
Campus of Southern Institute of Technology–
The main campus is in Invercargill, and they have smaller campuses in Christchurch, Queenstown and Gore.
- Invercargill Campus: SIT’s main campus is located at 133 Tay Street, Invercargill.
- Queenstown Campus: SIT’s expanding Queenstown campus (established 2009) is conveniently located in the remarkable Park Town Centre at Frankton, with the spectacular backdrop of the remarkable mountain range.
- Christchurch Campus: The Christchurch Campus of Southern Institute of Technology is a small friendly campus that offers students specialized training in a number of areas.
- Gore Campus: SIT’s Gore campus is situated in beautiful grounds and is here to serve the education and training needs of the greater Eastern Southland area.
Why Choose Southern Institute of Technology?
- Study in clean and green New Zealand
- Quality students can trust
- Innovative qualifications
- Flexible programs
- Expert staff
- Affordable fees
- English Scholarships
- Stunning landscapes
- Safe and friendly location
- Simply a great place to live
Facilities at Southern Institute of Technology –
- Health Services