Sree Sankara College, Kalady was established in 1954, by Swami Agamananda, an educationist and foresighted scholar of Sri Ramakrishna Advaita Ashram. The institution has established a niche of its own in the generation and dissemination of knowledge, imparting multiple skill development, and above all, serving the community in and around Kalady, the birth place of Adi Sankara, which stretches to an area of 9 Grama Panchayaths. The college is instrumental in the direction of the up-liftment and empowerment of women, especially from the rural and backward areas. Educate a woman and educate the society is the inspiring thought behind this. The institution has always shown self-reflexivity, readiness to be evaluated and fervor for quality enhancement.
The institution became a first grade college in 1956, and was affiliated to the then Travancore University. Later it became a part of Kerala University. It got UGC recognition in 1957 under. The Sringeri Mutt took over the administration of the college in 1960. At present the college is affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University. The college volunteered to be assessed and accredited by NAAC in 1999. The peer team visited the campus for validation of the self-study report on 2000 and accredited the college with a four star status.
Facilities at Sree Sankara College, Kalady –
- Computer Centre
- Research Centres
- Sports Facilities
Faculties at Sree Sankara College, Kalady –
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Commerce
|Name||:||Sree Sankara College|
|Location||:||Sree Sankara College
Ernakulam Mattoor, Kalady - 683 574