Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University (SVVU), Tirupati was established in 1955 to strengthen education research and services in the fields of Veterinary Science, Dairy Technology and Fishery Science in the State of Andhra Pradesh. The establishment of three Veterinary Colleges, the first at Rajendranagar in 1946, the second at Bapatla in 1955 and the third at Gannavaram in 1998, paved the way for strengthening Veterinary education in the State. The Veterinary College at Bapatla was shifted to Tirupati during December, 1957. The College of Fishery Science was started at Muthukur, SPSS Nellore Dt in 1991.
The mission of the University is to facilitate sustainable growth and development of livestock and allied sectors by building competent human resources for generating and developing scientific know how, situation specific, cost effective and easily adoptable technologies.
Campus of Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University –
The college is located at the foot hills of Lord Venkateswara at Tirupati.
Colleges at Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University -
- CVSc, Tirupati
- NTR CVSc, Gannavaram
- CVSc, Proddatur
- CFSc, Muthukur
- DTC, Tirupati
|Name||:||Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University|