Interested in MBA/Engineering/Other Courses
Please fill in your details below and we will get in touch with you shortly.
Why Register in Minglebox?
- Browse colleges for admission related information
- Browse course details offered by the colleges
- Get to know about latest happenings in educational sector
- Access to free mock up test for various entrance exam
Swami Vivekananda Memorial College (SVM Autonomous College) was established in 1958. The CoIlege was granted affiliation by Utkal University to open Science classes with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology from the academic session, 1963-64. It has been accredited by NAAC from the session 2005 for 5 years with B+ grade. The University grant Commission has conferred autonomy on the college from the session 2006-07. The college has thus grown from strength to strength with its sprawling buildings and an affiliated strength of 3600 students (including more than 1000 women students) and 110 members of teaching staff with honours teaching facilities in all faculties of Arts, Science and Commerce.
The main aim of the college is to provide all round personality development of individual learner through a holistic approach, to foster a sense of social and civic responsibility and tenants of citizenship, promote human values and assisting the preservation of culture and traditions, to ignite of inquisitiveness to promote scientific temper and independent critical thinking, to promote an interest in performing arts, sportsmanship and to provide leadership and to transforming the institution into a training ground for efficient professionals through application of skill.
Campus of Swami Vivekananda Memorial College -
The campus spreads over a compact area of more than 37 acres with the luster of green pastures drooping devourers and other natural trees all around.
Facilities at Swami Vivekananda Memorial College –
- Common Room
Scholarship at Swami Vivekananda Memorial College -
Financial and other aids are available to students from Government and college source for encouraging and promoting higher education among needy and deserving students. Such aids are noted below for information of the students.
- National Scholarship: The scholarship are awarded on the Results of Annual H.S.C. and Annual H.S.S.C. Examinations every year to the top meritorious candidates securing 60% or above marks. The Scholarships are renewed from year to year subject to achievement of good standard i.e. (50% marks) in the examination.
- Scholarships for Children of Primary and Secondary School Teachers: This scholarship is awarded to the children of school teachers securing 60% or above marks in the Annual H.S.C. Examination or H.S.S.C. Examination in order of merit.
- Senior College Merit Scholarship: These are awarded on the Results of Higher Secondary and +2 Examinations for a period of three year at the rate of Rs. 501/- per month. These scholarship are open to student of Arts, Science & Commerce Classes and are awarded on provincial basis in consideration of merit alone.
|Name||:||SVM Autonomous College|