About Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies formerly introduced as Symbiosis BBA was formally inaugurated on July 12, 2004 in a grand ceremony. What followed was a journey of discovery, excitement and activities that has taken us one step ahead in our continuous quest for excellence.
Presently the institute offers only one programme i.e the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA). However, we offer three streams to choose from.
The first year will be common to all students. Thereafter students may choose from the following streams:
- Accounting & Finance
- International Business
We empower our students with a sound knowledge base and provide an environment that is conducive to learning.
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies will be a globally respected institute that lays a strong foundation in management education thereby developing managers who are committed to excellence in their chosen path without compromising on moral values.
To provide an environment that :-
- Challenges the students' mind through sound academics
- Encourages physical fitness through sports
- Nurtures creativity in all its forms
- Emphasizes on inculcation of values
- thus transforming them into socially responsible managers and leaders.
Dr. S. B. Mujumdar is a distinguished Academician and Educationist. He is the Founder & President of Symbiosis – a multi – lingual, multi – national and multi – disciplinary educational complex of international repute. He is the Chancellor of Symbiosis International University. In appreciation of his long illustrious career, the President of India awarded the prestigious ' Padma Shri' in 2005 & 'Padma Bhushan' in 2012 to Dr. S. B. Mujumdar. The Vice President of India also awarded Dr. S. B. Mujumdar 'Punyabhushan' award in the year 2009. He is also recipient of prestigious 'FIE Foundation Award' and 'Maharashtra Gaurav Award'. Dr. Mujumdar was also the Chairman of the education wing of the prestigious federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industries (FICCI) (2005-06).
Born on 31st July 1935 in a small town Gadhinglaj in Kolhapur District (Maharashtra), Dr. Mujumdar completed his higher education at Kolhapur and Pune. He obtained a first class first in M. Sc. (Botany) and a Doctorate in Microbiology. He was the Head of the Department of Botany, Fergusson College, Pune for 20 years. He has written many books and published several papers in national and international journals. He was also a member of the Executive Council of the Pune University for 14 years.
Padma Bhushan Dr. S. B. Mujumdar has succeeded in converting Symbiosis into an International University and has set up a Vishwa Grama (Global Village) on the University campus – where foreign and Indian students are living together in hostels, learning together in classrooms, playing together on sports field and eating together in cafeterias.
Dr. BhamaVenkataramani has 25 years of teaching experience teaching subjects of Accounting and Financial Management. She is the Dean Faculty of Management, Symbiosis International University. She has to her credit a monograph on Factoring service published by Think line publishers, Nashik. She has co-authored three text books in Accountancy for the syllabus prescribed by University of Pune for B.Com course, a text book for Std XI in Book keeping & Accountancy for the syllabus prescribed by the Maharashtra State Board for Higher Secondary Education and a book on Business Organization and Systems for the syllabus prescribed by University of Pune for BBA.
She is currently supervising four PhD students registered under Symbiosis International University. Her research interests are in areas of financial inclusion and inclusive Education and she has published papers in these areas.
Symbiosis owing to its exceptional track record is synonymous with excellence in all its sphere of operations and has been gaining in strength and admiration over the years. The state-of-art infrastructure, with its well-equipped spacious lecture halls, an ultra modern auditorium, a well stocked library and a well designed amphitheatre ensures that all supplementary aspects of learning are taken care of.
Wi - Fi enabled Campus
WI - Fi facility available to the student through out the campus, hence access to the internet for research work and any other constructive purpose does not become a problem for the students.
Computer lab supports and facilitates teaching, learning and personality development of its future managers and technocrats. The campus is wi-fi enabled which caters to the growing technological needs of the students. Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies is equipped with state-of-art computing facilities to compliment classroom pedagogy.
We believe that "while nothing can be taught perfectly, everything can be learnt". No matter how well a subject is taught, the students will be able to assimilate it only if a lot of self-study and reading takes place. Our library is designed to encourage students to explore and experience the joy of reading and the exhilaration of discovery. The Library at Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies houses some of the finest collections of books on management & related areas, periodicals & journals, newspapers, videocassettes, CDs, DVDs that include numerous case studies, project work. The library accords open-access, which provides the students with perfect ambience for learning.
Our well-furnished, spacious classrooms and lecture halls are equipped with audio-visual aids like OHP and LCD projectors. Classroom teaching thus becomes more interesting. Students are also encouraged to make PowerPoint presentations. This interactive teaching methodology not only involves student-participation but also builds their confidence.
A well-equipped gymnasium helps the students to keep fit & unwind after a activity packed day at the institute. The campus provides an in-house modern health club and fitness centre with the view to facilitate a holistic development of mind and body & for an all-round development of our students. Training facilities for strength, endurance, flexibility and cardio vascular fitness including Yoga and Meditation are provided in customized capsules tailor-made for the unique requirements of the students' population in tandem with their academic curriculum.
An amphitheatre has the capacity of 200 people at a time. It is the most sought-after place to have concerts, band competitions, street-plays, Dandiya evening etc. We visualize this area becoming a favourite hub for student activities.
Cafeteria & Mess
A multi-cuisine cafeteria and a Mess cater to the requirements of the students. While the services of the mess are optional, it is compulsory for students residing in hostels to avail of this facility. The students relax and re-energize themselves and experience all seasons of the year in its serene atmosphere.
We believe that students of Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies must go out with an all-rounded personality. We encourage them to give expression to their talent and hone skills. A sound-proof music room equipped with all instruments required for a band and instruments required for Indian classical music is a haven for the music lovers.
Indoor Games Room
We encourage our students to unwind in the games room during leisure. The room is equipped with games like carom board, scrabble, chess, monopoly etc. Tournaments are organized by students and enthusiastic students participate in large numbers.
Printout facilities are available for the students at the reprography centre.
The centre has planned an athletic track, which will soon be ready. The tennis court, volley ball and basket ball court have started seeking attention of students. Healthy mind in a healthy body is aimed at as per the mission statement of the institute which believes in encouraging physical fitness through sports.
Placement Cell, Audio Visual Room, Conference Hall To carry out the placement activities for the final year students the college has ensured a separate room called the Placement Cell. Most of the corporate presentation, group discussions and personal interviews happen in the Audio Visual Room and the Conference Hall.
Eligibility for Admission (Indian Students)
- Passed XII or equivalent course in any discipline from any recognized Board / Council / University with minimum 50% marks for general (open) category and 45% marks for students of SC and ST category.
- Qualifying the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET), Group Exercise and Personal interview of our centre.
Indian students will be admitted on the basis of the merit list drawn out of the results of the selection process through SET and GE/PI.
Intake for the BBA programme in Pune
Indian students: 240
International Students (Including PIO and NRI students): 60
Indian Students : - Reservation of seats for Special Categories
The following are the reservation rules that shall be followed while admitting Indian students:
- Scheduled Caste: 15%
- Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%
- Differently abled students: 3%
- Armed Forces Dependants (Wards of Serving/Retired): 5%
- Kashmiri Migrants: 2 seats over and above the sanctioned intake.
Who is a dependant of Armed Forces Personnel?
The student should be son/daughter of a serving Defense Personnel or Ex- Servicemen. The term defence Personnel from Army, Navy, and Air Force who fall in the category of Ex-Servicemen are laid down in the letter of ministry of Defence letter No. 36034/5/85 Estt (SCT) dated April 14,1987. A copy of the same may be obtained from the office of the institute on request.
A student having any of the following disabilities with minimum 40% of damages can claim can claim admissions under this category. A certificate issued by a Medical Superintendent/ Civil Surgeon of a Government hospital has to be submitted in this regard. The disability certificate shall be verified/certified by Symbiosis Centre of Health Care (SCHC), Pune, for admission under this category. Eligibility Criteria Differently Abled
ELIGIBILITY - DIFFERENTLY ABLED CATEGORY
- "Blindness" refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions namely :
Total absence of sight or
Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses or
Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse.
- Low Vision
Person with low vision means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision or the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
- "Blindness" refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions namely :
- Hearing Impairment
Hearing Impairment means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
- Loco motor Disability
- Loco motor disability means disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
- Cerebral palsy means a group of non-progressive conditions of a person characterized by abnormal motor control posture, resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the prenatal, peri-natal or intent period of development.
- All the cases of orthopaedically handicapped persons would be covered the category of loco motor disability or cerebral palsy.
Policy of admission against vacant seats under reserved category :
In case some seats remain vacant due to the non-availability of suitable candidates in the category of reservations then information about the number of vacant seats in each category will be reported to the Symbiosis International University and with the permission of the Vice-chancellor, the seats will be reverted to the general category and short listed students will be offered these seats.
Rs. 1,90,000/- for batch 2015-2016
- Please note that the cost for one set of College Uniform will also be collected along with the Tuition fees, the exact amount of which will be notified later.
Every student is urged to note that no donation or capitation fee is required to be paid for admission to any of the Symbiosis Institutes. Students are cautioned against falling prey to any such assurance/offer by any individual or outside agency.
- Students are required to pay the full annual fees towards the Programme at the time of admission.
- Programme Fees may be paid by demand draft in favour of 'Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies' payable at Pune.
- After paying the fees and securing the admission if the student does not report to the Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies office on the date of commencement of the induction programme, his/her admission is liable to be cancelled and the fees will be refunded as per the table mentioned below.
The date of reporting to the institute will always be deemed to be the date of commencement of the academic programme as given in our Bulletin under the Important Dates.
|A||If admission is cancelled before the commencement of the academic programme||Rs. 1000/- would be deducted and the balance fees paid by the student would be refunded|
If the admission is cancelled after joining the course and, if the seat consequently falling vacant has been filled by another candidate by the last date of admission
ie. One month from the date of commencement of the course)
|• Deposit (Wherever applicable)||To be refunded 100%|
|• Tuition Fees||1/12th of the annual fees is deducted & the balance amount would be refunded.|
|• Hostel and Mess fees||
1) If annual fees are paid 1/12th of the fees would be deducted & the balance amount would be refunded.
2) If term fees are paid 1/6th of the fees paid would be deducted and the balance amount would be refunded.
The following guidelines are issued for refund of fees to the students.
- No refund of fees will be admissible in the cases of cancellation of admission by the students • after one month of the commencement of the course. This holds good for all the three years of study.
- The refund of fees will be made strictly as per rules given above.
- No refund will be made after one month from the date of commencement of the programme, in case of failure in the qualifying examination for which the student had applied for revaluation. In such cases, the provisional admission will be canceled. The students are therefore expected to take admission under such circumstances with caution.
- Every student of this course shall abide by the rules of the Symbiosis International University (SIU). Any changes made in the rules and regulations from time to time by SIU will be applicable when made/modified during the academic year.
- Admissions are subject to eligibility clearance from the SIU.
- Admission will be confirmed only after payment of prescribed fees. For the subsequent years, students are required to register again as per the schedule declared from time to time by paying the prescribed fees for that year. In case of failure to pay the prescribed fees before the stipulated date a late fee of Rs.100/- per week will be charged.
Admissions will be cancelled in case of : -
- Not submitting the required documents in time.
- Submission of fake or incorrect documents.
- Admission gained through unfair and objectionable practices detected at any stage during the 3 year programme.
- Failing to fulfil required eligibility criteria of the programme.
Note : - It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualifications for admission. Having been admitted provisionally does not mean acceptance of eligibility. Final eligibility of admission will be decided by Symbiosis International University.
Important Dates For Admissions 2014
|Activity||Dates for SET||Dates for SCMS|
|Online Registration begins||Thursday, 12 Feb 2015||Thursday, 12 Feb 2015|
|Online Registration closes||Sun, 12 April 2015||Mon, 18 May 2015|
|Admit cards go live||April 20, 2015 Monday to May 02, 2015 , Sat|
Mon, 18 May 2015
May 13, 2015 Wed
|Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)||May 02, 2015 Saturday (Time: 9.30 am to 12.00 pm And 2.30pm to 5.00 pm)|
|SET Results||May 18, 2015 Monday|
|Declaration of SCMS shortlist candidates for Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test (PI-WAT)||Friday, May 22,2015||Friday, May 22, 2015|
|Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test (PI-WAT) Schedule (In Pune for Pune Students)||May 25, 2015, Mon to May 27, 2015 Wed.|
|Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test (PI-WAT) Schedule (In Noida for Pune Students)||May 28, 2015, Thurs, to May 31 2015, Sun|
|Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test (PI-WAT) Schedule (In Bangalore for Pune Students)||May 26, 2015, Tue|
|First merit list of candidates for admission to SCMS, Pune||Jun 5, 2015, Friday|
|Last date for payment of fees of First merit list of candidates||Jun 12, 2015, Fri|
|Second merit list of candidates for admission to SCMS, Pune||Jun 13, 2015, Sat|
|Last date for payment of fees of Second merit list of candidates||Jun 19, 2015, Fri|
|Reporting to SCMS, Pune||Jun 20 and Jun 21, 2015, Sat/ Sun|
|Commencement of Programme||Jun 22, 2015, Mon|
* PI/WAT at Noida and Bangalore will be conducted subject to a minimum demand by 50 students
It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualifications for admission. Having been admitted provisionally does not mean acceptance of eligibility. Final eligibility of admission will be decided by Symbiosis International University.
Any attempt to impersonate or indulge in any malpractice, identified at any stage of the admission process would disqualify the candidate from the admission processes to any program of Symbiosis International University and may also lead to appropriate legal action as deemed fit.
Candidates are advised to have the train/air bookings done soon after they have taken SET. The centre will be unable to change the WAT/PI schedule announced along with the results. However keep a track for recent updates on our website.
|Name||:||Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies UG Pune|
|Location||:||Survey No. 231, Viman Nagar
|Contact Email||:||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|