Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore was established in 1971 located at Saidapet, Chennai, as early as 1868 and it was later relocated at Coimbatore. In 1920 it was affiliated to Madras University. TNAU assumed full responsibilities of Agricultural Education and Research and supported the State Agricultural Department by delivering research products. Till 1946, the Agricultural College and Research Institute, Coimbatore, was the only Institute for Agricultural Education for the whole of South India.
In 1958, it was recognized as a post-graduate centre leading to masters and doctoral degrees. The Agricultural College & Research Institute, Madurai was established in 1965. These two colleges formed the nucleus of the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University while it was established in 1971. TNAU rated as the Best Agricultural University in India by Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi as an institute of excellence for higher education in Agricultural and allied subjects.
Facilities at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University -
Constituent Institutes at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University -
Directorates and Departments at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University -
Placements at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University -
The university has a strong placement cell. The university has the Directorate of Students’ Welfare (DSW) which serves as the hub of students’ counseling and placement activities for all ten constituent colleges of the university. The job available for agri-graduates include banking sector, agro-based industries, input sales and marketing, NGOs and entrepreneurships etc.
|Name||:||Tamilnadu Agricultural University|