The Bremer Institute of TAFE established in 1891, was previously known as the Ipswich College of TAFE - one of the earliest technical and further education facilities in Queensland. The Bremer TAFE operates globally to provide vocational education and training services to individuals, businesses and industry.
The Bremer is registered to deliver more than 250 accredited courses from Certificate to Diploma level, assisting students to enter the workplace, helping workers upgrade their existing skills or preparing learners for further studies. The Institute offers traditional, on-line and distance learning programs in a wide range of studies and speciality areas.
Campuses of The Bremer Institute of TAFE -
The Bremer Institute of TAFE campus locations serve the growing training needs of Brisbane's expanding population in the southwest corridor. This area includes the rural shires of Esk, Boonah, Laidley and Gatton, the City of Ipswich and the western suburbs of Brisbane.
- Bundamba Campus - Bundamba campus is just 10 minutes walk from the Bundamba train station or 30 minutes by road from Brisbane.
- Inala Campus - This new campus specialises in delivery of training in office administration, language, literacy, and adult migrant English programs.
- Springfield Campus - Education City - The Bremer has opened with the University of Southern Queensland in the new Education City precinct at Springfield. The USQ Springfield campus is located in Sinnathamby Boulevard.
- Goodna Neighbourhood House - It is located in the city of Goodna.
Why choose The Bremer Institute of TAFE?
- The institute has over 250 accredited programs available from preparatory courses to advance diploma level to cater to students individual career stage and interests.
- An industry-driven approach and strong vocational ties ensure every program delivers current vocational skills and knowledge for a successful career start.
- Their campuses are located at Bundamba, Springfield and Inala are conveniently located with a range of parking or public transport options.
Facilities at The Bremer Institute of TAFE -
- English language training centre
- Health Insurance
- Childcare centre
- Horticulture centre
- Multimedia Resources
- Computer facilities
- Modern Arts Centre
- Hair and Beauty salon
Apprenticeships and Traineeships at The Bremer Institute of TAFE -
Apprenticeship and Traineeship programs provide quality workforce training to ensure the continued availability of skilled tradespersons in Queensland. Industry recognizes the benefits their students bring to their workplace through up-to-date skills and awareness of new technologies learnt during their formal training with Bremer TAFE. Training can be tailored to suit individual business needs.
Programs are offered in a range of areas including: Building and Construction, Child Studies, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Forest Products, Hairdressing, Horticulture, Hospitality, Information Technology, Office Administration and Warehousing.