University of Bedfordshire was established in 2006 by order of the Privy Council, following the merger between the University of Luton and De Montfort University’s Bedford campus. University of Bedfordshire graduates enjoy excellent employment rates, with 90% in work or further study within six months of graduating (Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2010). The university with its large campuses in Luton and Bedford is the major provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and professional education in Bedfordshire.
The University of Bedfordshire is a modern, innovative university with a heritage of top quality education going back more than 100 years. The University has a strong history of working in partnership, both locally and internationally, with many collaborations being developed over a long period of time. The university offers a nurturing and supportive environment to help students become an educated, employable and entrepreneurial global citizen.
Campuses of University of Bedfordshire –
The University consists of six main campuses:
- Luton Campus - the University's main campus is located right in the heart of Luton town centre.
- Bedford Campus - is located in Polhill Avenue, Bedford.
- Butterfield Park-Butterfield Park is an 85-acre building and technology zone located on the northeast side of Luton just off Hitchin Road near to the University’s Putteridge Bury campus.
- Putteridge Bury Campus - is the home of postgraduate courses and conference centre, and is located on the outskirts of Luton.
- University Campus Milton Keynes: The campus is located in the centre of Milton Keynes close to shops, businesses and local amenities.
- Buckinghamshire Campus - is located in the nearby town of Aylesbury.
Why Choose University of Bedfordshire?
- Access –They value diversity and have a student focus on all they do.
- Scholarship – They develop and maintain their knowledge of subjects and disciplines which they impart to their students through their teaching.
- Partnership – They believe in working in partnership with individuals and organisations to develop their students, to inform their applicable research and to make a difference to the communities of which they are a part.
- Innovation – The University expect their work to be innovative as well as true and believe in continuous improvement, thereby enhancing the quality of all their activities.
- Respect – The University have a concern for all their students and staff.
- Employability – They believe in empowering the students and preparing them for the world of work.
Facilities at University of Bedfordshire–
- Class rooms
- Sports Facilities
- Computing Facility
- Work Shops
Employability at University of Bedfordshire–
- Their graduates enjoy excellent employment rates, with more than 90% in work and/or further study within six months of graduating (Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education 2011).
- They have industry links with some 4,000 organizations including the BBC, TUI and Channel 4.
- Many of their courses are accredited by professional bodies such as the Chartered Management Institute, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, Qualified Teacher Status, the General Social Care Council and the Institute of Biomedical Science