University of Hertfordshire established in 1952, when Hertfordshire County Council built Hatfield Technical College. The institution achieved university status in 1992 under the provisions of the Further and Higher Education Act. The University aim is to bring higher education to a wider audience, so the university is providing flexible learning opportunities for local residents and businesses, including evening classes, summer schools and short courses at community venues etc.
The University operates in accordance with the terms of its Instrument and Articles of Government, as approved by the Privy Council. These determine the overarching governance framework within which the University functions and require it to establish a Board of Governors and Academic Board.
Campuses of University of Hertfordshire -
The University of Hertfordshire is located in Hatfield, just 20 minutes from London’s Kings Cross station and within easy access of the A1 (M). The University has two sites, College Lane and de Havilland, are situated less than a kilometer apart. A network of pathways, cycle routes and handy shuttle buses connects the two sites.
- College Lane Campus- Students can find most of the University’s Schools at College Lane. The region’s best galleries and entertainment venues sit at the heart of this campus.
- de Havilland Campus- Humanities, Education, Law and Business are all based at de Havilland. This is a £120m state-of-the-art campus with modern halls of residence.
Why Choose University of Hertfordshire?
- Teaching excellence
- Flexible study routes
- Twenty-first century study facilities
- A great location
Facilities at University of Hertfordshire-
- A self-contained, accessible campus
- Hi tech labs
- ICT Suites
- Wind Tunnels
- Sports Facility
- Academic Centres
- Social Venues
- Car Parking
Schools at University of Hertfordshire -
Students can find state-of-the-art facilities, academic excellence and unique engagement with the worlds of business, commerce and the public sector in all their schools of study.
- Hertfordshire Business School
- School of Computer Science
- School of Education
- School of Creative Arts
- School of Engineering and Technology
- School of Health and Social Work
- School of Humanities
- School of Law
- School of Life and Medical Sciences
- School of Physics, Astronomy and Mathematics
Scholarships at University of Hertfordshire-
The University of Hertfordshire offers the following Scholarships for international students.
- UH Graduate Scholarship
- UH Chancellor's International Scholarships
- UH Family Scholarship
- MBA Professional Scholarship