University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson is the health sciences campus of the University of Mississippi. The Medical Center opened in 1955, but its beginnings date to 1903 when a two-year medical school was established on the parent campus in Oxford. The Oxford campus' nursing department moved to the Medical Center in 1956 and it was granted school status in 1958. It is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees.
The School of Health Related Professions (SHRP) was added in 1971 and began offering baccalaureate curricula in 1973. The School of Dentistry was authorized in 1973, and its first students were admitted in 1975. The graduate program was elevated to school status in 2001 and designated the School of Graduate Studies in the Health Sciences.
- They provide support services provided within the education arena include academic counseling, biomedical illustration services and multimedia services.
- They have a positive, productive and ever-progressive health training and care environment.
- The have competitive programs, superior faculty and health care providers.
- They provide excellence in education, research and patient care.
- Learning Resources
- Analytical Ultracentrifuge Facility
- Animal Behavioral Core Facility
- Assay Lab
- Biomedical Material Science Labs
- Equipment Repair Core
- Flow Cytometry Core
- School of Dentistry
- School of Health Related Professions
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy