University of Western Sydney also known as UWS established in 1989 is a multi campus university in Greater Western region of Sydney. The university was ranked among the top 600 universities in the world by Times Higher Education/QS ranking. Learning and teaching at UWS is a responsibility that extends to the whole university. UWS is a major urban university spread over six campuses in Greater Western Sydney, a region of great opportunity, diversity, challenge and growth. The University shares many of the characteristics of the region, as it closely identifies and works with local communities and businesses.
At the heart of the learning and teaching effort are the lecturers, who undertake comprehensive professional development when they join the university. Many of the staff members have won prestigious awards and grants in recognition of their teaching skills.
The University of Western Sydney's campuses -
The University of Western Sydney has six campuses in the Greater Western Sydney region:
- Bankstown Campus - The Bankstown campus is situated in the suburb of Milperra in the Bankstown Local Government Area. The campus is located on the corner of Horsley Road and Bullecourt Avenue, the entrance is via Bullecourt Avenue.
- Blacktown Campus - The Blacktown campus is situated in the suburb of Quakers Hill in the Blacktown Local Government Area. The University campus forms part of the Nirimba Education Precinct a shared site with TAFE, Wyndham College and Terra Sancta High School.
- Campbelltown Campus - The Campbelltown campus is situated in the suburb of Macarthur in the Campbelltown Local Government Area. The campus is located on the corner of Narellan Road and Gilchrist Drive, entrance is via Narellan Road.
- Hawkesbury Campus - The Hawkesbury campus is situated in the suburb of Richmond, in the Hawkesbury Local Government Area. The campus is located on the corner of Bourke Street and Londonderry Road Richmond, main entrance is via Bourke Street.
- Parramatta Campus - The Parramatta campus is situated in the suburb of Rydalmere in the Parramatta Local Government Area. The campus consists of two sites; Parramatta South (main campus) and Parramatta North.
- Penrith Campus - The Penrith campus is situated in the suburbs of Kingswood and Werrington, in the Penrith Local Government Area. The Penrith campus consists of three sites; Kingswood, Werrington South and Werrington North.
- Westmead Precinct - The Westmead campus is situated in the suburb of Westmead, in the Parramatta Local Government Area. The campus is situated on the corner of Hawkesbury Road and Darcy Ave, Westmead, entrance via Hawkesbury Road
Facilities in the University of Western Sydney -
- Childcare centers
- Community information directory
- Counseling services
- Disability services
- IT services
- Library services
- Print services
- Residential colleges
- Services for Indigenous students
- Services for international students
- Sport and leisure
- Student organization
- Student learning unit
Schools at the University of Western Sydney -
- School of Business
- School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics
- School of Education
- School of Humanities and Communication Arts
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- School of Social Sciences and Psychology
- School of Science and Health
Research Institutes -
- Hawkesbury Institute for the Environment (HIE)
- Institute for Culture and Society
- Institute for Infrastructure Engineering (IIE)
- The MARCS Institute