Veterinary College, Bangalore was established in 1958. The college was initially affiliated to Mysore University. In 1965, the institution became the constituent college of the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore. In 2005, after the establishment of Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University (KVAFSU), the college has become the part of the KVAFSU. The main focus of this institution is to make veterinary education responsive to the growing needs of the society in general and aspirations of the livestock farmers in particular.
At present, the college is following semester system as per minimum standard and veterinary education, governed by Veterinary Council of India (VCI), New Delhi, which has been adopted in 1994-95. The well equipped college hospital and other departments besides imparting teaching and research, also serve the farmers and livestock owners of the state as part of extension activities. The college has instructional farm that includes dairy, sheep and piggery units, poultry farm and experiment small animal unit.
Facilities at Veterinary College -
- Class Rooms
|Name||:||Veterinary College, Bangalore|
|Contact No||:||080 - 23411483|