Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA), Manipal established in 1986 is an ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certified institute recognised by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA). WGSHA was set up by the Dr.TMA Pai Foundation which joined hands with Welcomgroup, the hotel division of ITC Ltd, to start the institute.
The training and development program of WGSHA is recognised by the International Hotel Association, Paris. It is a constituent college of Manipal University since July 2003. A pioneer in Hospitality education, WGSHA, Manipal is the first college in the country to offer a bachelors degree in Hotel Management. The institute celebrated its silver anniversary in 2011.
Why Choose Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration?
- WGSHA has been ranked as the No. 1 institute in the country for hotel management studies.
- Ranked No.1 as Supreme Hotel Management Institute in India and No. 1 in state of Karnataka.
- Ranked No. 1 among Private Hotel Management Colleges, No. 1 among the South Zone Hotel Management Colleges and No. 3 in All India ranking among Top 50 Colleges in Hotel Management.
- Ranked No. 3 among Top Professional Colleges in India
- Curriculum is non-vocational in nature; Contemporary styles of teaching learning through social media are encouraged.
- Faculty and students are engaged in publishing and research work, which is supported by large collection of digital learning resources.
- Only college in India to offer wine fundamentals certifications level I and II, from the International Sommelier Guild (ISG). International faculty representing ISG, train the students in this global certification which adds value to the students learning
Facilities at Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration -
- Computer Lab
- Kitchen Labs
- Bakery Confectionery
- Butchery Rooms
- Front-office Labs
- Audio-Visual Room
- Research Cell
- Mock Bar
- Dining Facilities
Departments at Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration -
- Department of Culinary Arts
- Department of Allied Hospitality Studies
MU is proactive in placing the students into positions of their preference.The institute has a well-organised placement team headed by the Associate Director (Industrial Liaison, Placements and Practice School) and comprising of faculty and student coordinators from each department. On an average, over 60 companies visits for campus recruitments every year.
Top Recruiters -
- The Park Hotels
- Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts
- Marriott Hotels
- Accor Hotels
- The Leela
- Westin Hotels and Resorts
- International Travel House
- Jet Airways
- Royal Orchids
|Name||:||Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Manipal|
|Contact No||:||0820-2571101, 2923236|