Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT), Kolkata, formerly known as West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT) was established in 2000 recognised by UGC. The university started its academic program from 2001.The university intend to create and disseminate knowledge to help to transform the country into aknowledge society. The University besides being supported by the State Government and central grant giving agencies, organizes programs to generate as much as 90% of its own resources. A number of courses offered at the UG level are now accrediated by NBA.
The basic objective of the University is to organize undergraduate courses of study in Engineering and Technology, especially in emerging areas. The university now affiliates 160 institutions spread over 15 districts of the state of West Bengal. Postgraduate study is being carried out in 30 of them and research is being carried out for the grooming of scientists, engineers and technologists.
Campus of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology -
The University, which began operating from the West Bengal State Archives Building located at 43 Shakespeare Sarani, Kolkata 700017, India is currently located at BF 142, Sector I, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700064, India with area of 45000 sq.ft. with another 20,000 sq.ft. at AQ 13/1, Sector V, Salt Lake 700091. The University would have a permanent main campus of approximately 40 acres of land at Haringhata, District nadia.
Why Choose Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology?
- The management system of the university is compact and responsive to global changes in technology.
- It has intimate and collaborative linkages with national and international research institutes, universities and the industry.
- Functions related to affiliated technical, engineering and management institutes would be managed under a pro-vice chancellor, so that such functions did not hamper the higher academic activities of the University.
- The teaching staff includes, beside the core faculty, visiting faculty, adjunct faculty members and distinguished visitors from the industry and front line academic and research institutes of country and abroad.
- The university has an international centre to organize national and international seminars, as well as, conferences and lectures by International experts in different fields of sciences and technology.
- The post-graduate study and research are emphasized for the grooming of scientist engineers and technologists.
Facilities at Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology -
- Placement Cell
Schools at Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technologyy -
- School of Biotechnology & Biological Sciences
- School of Engineering & Technology
- School of Management & Sciences
|Name||:||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology|
|Location||:||BF 142, Sector 1
Salt Lake City
|Contact No||:||033-23210731, 23211327|