Western Sydney Institute, Nepean College of TAFE is a Registered Training Organization which provides progressive and innovative vocational education and training to more than 94,000 students every year in around 1,000 Australian Qualifications Training Framework courses.
Courses are geared to growth areas in the local economy such as tourism and hospitality, health, personal and community services, finance and business.
Western Sydney Institute covers a geographic area that extends from Parramatta in the east to the Blue Mountains in the west and includes the growth area of North West Sydney. The Open Training and Education Network (OTEN) provide specialist distance and online education and training services and are located in Strathfield in Sydney’s inner west.
Nepean College is located on the two campuses of Penrith and Kingwood. Students benefit from integrated programs and enhanced educational pathways as a result of collaborative arrangements with the University of Western Sydney, Nepean.
- Kingswood campus is located close to major highways and the Nepean Campus of the University of Western Sydney. It is a 20 minute walk from the local train station.
- Penrith campus is just a few minutes walk from urban transport facilities and a major shopping and recreational precinct.
Counseling and Career Development -
Each College and OTEN has highly qualified and experienced counselors who offer a vast range of confidential and professional services free of charge to individuals and/or groups.
For prospective students -
TAFE Counselors assist individuals to identify career options and choose a relevant course or study pathway to achieve career goals. They can also advise individuals about labor market trends.
For enrolled students -
Enrolled students receive advice and support from TAFE Counselors in three broad areas -
- Vocational counseling includes comprehensive career guidance; exploration of further study pathways; resume writing, interview techniques and other job seeking skills.
- Educational counseling includes assessing learning difficulties and developing intervention strategies and study skills to maximize educational outcomes.
- Personal counseling includes support for issues that may be interfering with studies at TAFE. Some examples are relationship difficulties, depression, low self-esteem, drug and alcohol problems, stress and anxiety, sexuality issues, financial problems and domestic violence.
Student e-Services -
Student will receive information about how to register for Student e-Services when a student enrolls. Use Student e-Services to: