Wofford College is a private, coeducational college located in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Wofford College was established in 1854. In 1941, Wofford received a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, at the time becoming only the second college in the state to hold a chapter of the national scholarly society. Wofford's colors are old gold and black.
The school mascot is the Boston terrier. It is ranked as one of the top 10 private colleges in the South, Wofford has a 78 percent graduation rate and a 40 percent alumni giving rate. The Princeton Review also features Wofford in the 2007 edition of its annual book, The Best 361 Colleges. In 2010, Forbes ranked it 58th in America's Best Colleges.
The campus is spread across 170 acres which consists of 48 buildings. In 2002, the entire 145-acre campus was designated as an arboretum, and Wofford is a member of the American Association of Botanical Gardens and Arboreta.
The campus has been designated as "the Roger Milliken Arboretum." The college's Main Building is the oldest structure on campus, designed by Charleston architect Edward C. Jones.
Why Choose Wofford College?
- The Princeton Review/USA Today publication “The Best Value Colleges” (February 2012) listed Wofford among the nation’s 75 “Best Value Private Colleges.”
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance’s “Best Values in Private Colleges” (2011-2012, October 2011) ranked Wofford number 38 on a list of the top 100 liberal arts colleges.
- U.S. News & World Report’s “Great Schools, Great Prices” (2012, September 2011) listed Wofford as number 23 among 40 “national liberal arts colleges.”
- IT Services
- Health Services
- Sports Services
Undergraduate Application Process, Academic Life and Tuition Fees –
Application Process –
- Application Deadline– February 1
- Score Req. / Eligibility– ACT or SAT test
- Deadline for SAT/ACT score acceptance– February 1
Academic Life & Student Life –
The student’s faculty ratio is 11:1 for Wofford College. Nearly, 1,506 students get enrolled every year here. The academic calendar is 4-1-4 based. The gender distribution here is 52% male students and 48% female students. The most popular majors here are:
- Biology/Biological Sciences, General
- Finance, General
- Business/Managerial Economics
- Spanish Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature, General
Tuition Fees –
The tuition fee for the university is $33,190.