Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU), Nashik established in 1989 justly named after Yashwantrao Chavan, Maharashtra’s great political leader and builder of modern Maharashtra. Due to statutory powers conferred by an act XX (1989) of Maharashtra state legislature and the recognition by the ‘University Grants Commission of India’, this university is fully empowered to award various academic certifications like certificates, diplomas, and graduate, post-graduate, doctoral degrees. All architecture graduate and post-graduate programs are duly recognized and approved by the Council of Architecture (CoA).
It is a member of various prestigious associations and bodies like the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU), Commonwealth of Learning (COL), Canada. The main aim of the YCMOU is to become a mass varsity and to make available to the common man, educational programs that are of practical use in his day-to-day life and those that provide better prospects for the future. The University offers several offline programs and has also embarked on a number of innovative online initiatives.
The YCMOU has its headquarters at Nashik and provides support to its learners through study centres, which are spread all over the State of Maharashtra. Through their technical, vocational, professional and liberal education programs, application of modern communication technologies and adoption of the distance education methodology, the University strives towards developing an Innovative, Flexible and Open system of education.
Campus of Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University -
The university has established 10 regional centres, one each at Nashik, Mumbai, Pune, Amravati, Nanded, Nagpur, Aurangabad,Kolhapur. The different regional centres are at different stages in respect of the construction of their buildings. Amravati Regional centre has its own two-storeyed building admeasuring 20,000 sq ft. The Aurangabad Regional Centre office also has its own two-storeyed building of 13,421 sq ft.
Why Choose Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University?
- The university emphasis on imparting vocational and technical skills
- They use latest information and communication technologies.
- The university provides relaxed entry rules, flexibility in course combinations and credit transfer facilities.
- They have extensive network of study centres
- It follows a scientific system of student evaluation.
- Recognition of their degrees and diplomas by other universities and professional bodies
Schools at Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University -
- School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- School of Commerce & Management
- School of Continuing Education
- School of Education
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Agricultural Sciences
- School of Architecture, Science & Technology
- School of Computer Science