Yeovil College was established in 1887, when Somerset County Council began formally organising Science and Art classes. In September 1974 secondary education in the Yeovil Borough was reorganised and Yeovil became one of the early tertiary colleges to be formed in England. Yeovil is a tertiary college serving communities in South Somerset and North and West Dorset. They work closely in partnership with Yeovil Federation and Bournemouth and Exeter University through the UCY.
Their clear role is to support the development of social and economic prosperity for the whole community. As a tertiary College they will provide education and training pathways at all levels from entry to HE. The provision of university level education to lead, support and raise aspirations in the South Somerset and North & West Dorset economy. The college vision is to be recognised as an outstanding college and to be recognised as a leading college for delivering blended learning.
Why choose Yeovil College?
- It is set in the heart of English countryside
- It is a safe and friendly atmosphere to study
- They have an excellent academic record of success
- They have successful partnerships with local universities and employers
- They pride themselves on the quality and friendliness of their teachers and the support they provide to all the college students
The college main campus is licated at Yeovil. Yeovil College has skills training sites off the main campus in Yeovil and Shaftesbury.
- DaVinci Restaurant
- Fitness Centre
- Learning Centre
- Nexus Hair Salon
- The Children's Centre
- Renaissance Refectory
- Connexions Advisor
- Nexus Beauty Salon