York University established in 1959, is now Canada’s 3rd largest university and one of the leading interdisciplinary teaching and research universities in the country. York offers a modern, academic experience at the undergraduate and graduate level in Toronto Canada’s most international city. The third largest university in the country, York is host to a dynamic academic community of 55,000 students and 7,000 faculty and staff, as well as 250,000 alumni worldwide.
York’s 11 faculties and 28 research centres conduct ambitious, groundbreaking research that is interdisciplinary, cutting across traditional academic boundaries. This distinctive and collaborative approach is preparing students for the future and bringing fresh insights and solutions to real-world challenges.
Campus of York University -
York University has two campuses located in the heart of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Canada's largest metropolis. Keele Campus is spread across an area of 457 acres and Glendon Campus across 85 acres. Both the campus provides state-of-art infrastructure to its students.
Why Choose York University?
- Home to the Schulich School of Business, Canada’s Global Business School ranked one of the top 10 MBA Schools worldwide.
- Home to Osgoode Hall Law School, Canada’s pre-eminent law school and the largest and oldest common-law law school in the country.
- The Faculty of Fine Arts is the first and largest comprehensive faculty in Canada.
- Glendon is the only bilingual campus of its kind in Canada.
- The largest and most academically diverse psychology program in Canada.
- Offers Canada’s only space engineering program.
Facilities at York University -
- Class Rooms
- Housing Service
- Food Service
- Art Gallery
- Sport and Recreation
- Parking Services
Faculties/Schools at York University -
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Environmental Studies
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Faculty of Health
- Lassonde School of Engineering
- Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies
- Osgoode Hall Law School
- Schulich School of Business
- Faculty of Science
Colleges at York University -
- Bethune College
- Calumet College
- Founders College
- Glendon College
- McLaughlin College
- New College
- Stong College
- Vanier College
- Winters College
Student Life at York University -
With more than 290 student clubs and organizations, the intellectual, cultural and social life at York is one of the richest in Canada. In 2010, the York University Lions men’s soccer team was crowned Canadian Interuniversity Sport champions for the second time in the past three years.