British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) was established in 1964. BCIT was intended to broaden the range of higher education in British Columbia by providing training outside the scope of the universities and vocational schools in British Columbia by producing technologists who could apply their interests and abilities to provide a liaison between craft and profession. In 1964 the first student registration began with 647 students enrolling in three programs at BCIT; Science, Business and Medical.
BCIT is now one of Canada’s largest post-secondary institutions, with nearly 50,000 students enrolled every year. Different than a college or university, BCIT’s approach combines small classes, applied academics and hands-on experience so that students are ready to launch their career from day one. BCIT works closely and continuously with leading industry employers.
Campus of British Columbia Institute of Technology -
British Columbia Institute of Technology has five campuses:
- Burnaby Campus: Burnaby campus is located just off the Trans-Canada Highway at the corner of Willingdon Avenue and Canada Way.
- Downtown Campus: Downtown campus is in the heart of Vancouver, near the Granville Skytrain Station.
- Marine Campus: Marine campus is located in North Vancouver near the Lonsdale Quay and Sea Bus terminal.
- Aerospace Campus: The Aerospace Technology campus is in Richmond near the South Terminal for the Vancouver International Airport.
- Great Northern Way Campus: The Great Northern Way campus is located on Great Northern Way between Main St and Clark Drive.
Why Choose British Columbia Institute of Technology?
- Small Class Sizes: The instructor will know each student by their names and there will be plenty of time to get one-on-one help with the course work.
- Learning by Doing: The best way to learn something is by actually doing it.
- Being Connected: BCIT programs are developed in consultation with leading employers.
- Results for Students: Upon graduation, students will be responsive to change, innovative and soon develop into a leader in their chosen field.
Facilities at British Columbia Institute of Technology -
- Class Rooms
- Computer Labs
- Food Services
- Health Service
- Sports Facility
Schools at British Columbia Institute of Technology -
- School of Business
- School of Computing and Academic Studies
- School of Construction and the Environment
- School of Energy
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Transportation
Student Life at British Columbia Institute of Technology -
Life as a student at BCIT is stimulating, challenging, and rewarding. Students will work hard, but they will also have a great time and countless opportunities to connect with new people and make the most of their post-secondary experience.