Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) established in 1959, is one among the foremost institutes of national importance in higher technological education, basic and applied research. IIT Madras is a residential institute with nearly 460 faculty, 4500 students and 1250 administrative & supporting staff and is a self-contained campus located in a beautiful wooded land of about 250 hectares. It has established itself as a premier centre for teaching, research and industrial consultancy in the country.
The Institute has fifteen academic departments and a few advanced research centres in various disciplines of engineering and pure sciences, with nearly 100 laboratories organised in a unique pattern of functioning. A faculty of international repute, a brilliant student community, excellent technical & supporting staff and an effective administration have all contributed to the pre-eminent status of IIT Madras.
Campus of IIT Madras-
IIT Madras is located in the city of Chennai which is also the state capital of Tamilnadu, a southern state in India. The campus is opposite to the Central Leather Research Institute and Anna University. The campus is spread over 250 hectares of lush green forest, which is midway between the Chennai Airport and Central Railway station and is well connected by buses and local trains.
Facilities at IIT Madras-
- Class Rooms
- Computer Center
- Guest Houses
Departments at IIT-Madras -
There are sixteen academic departments in the institute. All the departments have the doctoral program.
- Department of Aerospace Engineering
- Department of Applied Mechanics
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Engineering Design
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Department of Ocean Engineering
Department of Physics
IIT- Madras Entrance Exam -
Following are the entrance exam accepted at IIT-Madras:-
- IIT-JEE Indian Institute of Technology - Joint Entrance Examination is an Entrance Exam conducted by Indian Institute of Technology for admission to Bachelor’s degree in a number of engineering, technological and scientific disciplines.
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an entrance exam conducted annually for admissions to various science and technology post-graduate programs.
- JMET (Joint Management Entrance Test ) seeks admission to the Post-Graduate Programs in Management.
- JAM (Joint Admission Test to M.Sc.) is the admission test conducted by IITs for Master of Science and other post-B.Sc. programs.
- HSEE (Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination) is an admission test for 5 year integrated Masters of Arts (M.A) degree program
Placements at IIT Madras -
The Indian Institute of Technology, Madras is one of the most reputed institutes for technological education and research in India. Known for its strong relations with the industry, the institute has always been a favourite destination of recruitment for many firms. The training, placements and public relations office is the nodal point of contact for companies seeking to establish a fruitful relationship with IITM.
Top Recruiters -
- 3DPLM Software Solutions Ltd
- Bank Bazaar
- Citicorp Services India
- Essar Group
- FMC Technologies India Pvt Ltd
- Hewlett Packard
- Infosys Ltd
- ITC Ltd
|Name||:||Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT M)|
|Location||:||I.I.T. Post Office