University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram was established in 1937, as the University of Travancore. The university has been accredited with ‘B++’ grade by NAAC and recognized by UGC. The earliest origins of the University may be traced back to two institutions of modern learning in Kerala, the University College, Thiruvananthapuram and the Trivandrum Observatory. The University College still retains its connection with the University as an affiliated college. The University has over 150 affiliated colleges.
The University was modeled after the best Universities of the United Kingdom and even today retains some of these features. The affiliating system of the University however evolved to be different from the college system in British Universities. University of Kerala has sixteen faculties and forty one departments of teaching and research. Teaching, Research and Knowledge extension are the mandate of the departments.
Why choose University of Kerala?
- The Centre for Adult & Continuing Education (CACEE) received the UNESCO- NLM award for literacy in 2005.
- The first world Malayalam Conference was organised by the University of Kerala in 1977.
- The University has honoured many scholars, scientists and technologists, artists and thought leaders with honorary degrees.
- The University Grants Commission has identified the University as one of the 26 institutions selected for promotion of India Studies by foreign students.
- The university degree certificates with hologram and over 112 security features to prevent counter-feiting.
- The National Assessment and Accreditation Committee have placed the University at the B++ grade.
Facilities at University of Kerala -
Faculties at University of Kerala -
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Applied Sciences & Technology
- Faculty of Social Science
- Faculty of Oriental Studies
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Management Studies
- Faculty of Physical Education
- Faculty of Homeopathy
- Faculty of Ayurveda
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Faculty of Medicine
Academic Life at University of Kerala -
At present, the University has sixteen faculties and forty one departments of teaching and research in addition to study centres and other departments. Teaching, Research and Knowledge extension are the mandate of the Departments. They primarily focus on post-graduate (masters) programs, MPhil programs (1-year research degree) and doctoral research. The Institute of Distance Education offers a number of under-graduate and post graduate programs which cater to more than 7000 students, all over the country and abroad.
|Name||:||University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Location||:||Senate House Campus