Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMED-K) is conducting Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET) for admission to postgraduate medical/ dental programs in its 12 medical and 19 dental member institutions for the commencing session 2016. The COMEDK-PGET will be conducted only at centers in Bangalore on Sunday, February 07, 2016.
Candidates, who are interested in taking admission to PG medical and dental programs at its member institutes for the commencing session 2016, can start filling the application form as the COMEDK-PGET entrance exam dates are announced. Before applying for the entrance exam candidates must fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria -
Eligibility Criteria for COMEDK-PGET 2016:
- Candidates from all over the country can appear for the entrance examination.
- Applicants must meet all the requirements stipulated by MCI / DCI from time to time.
- They should have successfully passed their MBBS / BDS from an Institution recognized by MCI / DCI.
- They must have completed or be completing their internship by 30th April 2016 at the latest.
- Candidates must have obtained permanent registration with the MCI / DCI or any of the State Medical / Dental Council.
The candidature of the following is not acceptable:-
- Candidates already holding a PG degree in any specialty;
- Candidates pursuing a PG degree /diploma in any clinical specialty after securing the seat through Comedk in the earlier years;
- Candidates selected a seat through Comedk earlier and failed to join the college so selected or failed to surrender the said seat at the Comedk level or having joined the college failed to pursue the course; and
- Candidate debarred by Comedk during the previous years.
Note: Notwithstanding the eligibility criteria mentioned as above, the changes, if any, effected by MCI/DCI or any other competent regulatory authorities shall be adopted.