The exam shall have a two paper which is divided into two parts and four sections which include:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Knowledge
- Quantitative Analysis
- Test Of Proficiency in English Language
Candidates have to pay an amount of Rs.600/- for general and OBC (Rs.300/- for SC/ST Category-1) through NEFT from any Nationalized bank payable to account no.878333780 with NEFT/IFSC code iD1B000M010 at Indian Bank, Malleshwaram Branch, Bangalore and send the e-mail to Administrative Officer, KAE at email@example.com.
For MCA Program A candidate who has passed any under graduate examination or equivalent examination with Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science or Computer Applications or Business Mathematics or Business Statistics as one of the optional subject and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects in all the years is eligible for admission to MCA program
- For Full Time MBA courses:A candidate who has passed any under graduate examination or equivalent examination (herein after referred to as the “qualifying examination” or “Q. E.” in short) and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects in all the years is eligible for admission to MBA courses. 45% of marks in both Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I candidates.
- For Part Time MBA courses:A candidate who has passed any under graduate examination or equivalent examination (herein after referred to as the “qualifying examination” or “Q. E.” in short) and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects in all the years is eligible for admission to MBA courses. 45% of marks in both Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I candidates. In addition to this candidate after obtaining the complete degree, must have worked for not less than three years before the issue of notification for the relevant year, in an establishment and must be working in an organization situated within a radial distance of 40 km from the institution in which the candidate seeks admission.
For M.E. / M. Tech / M. Arch / MBA (Infrastructure Management);
- Option-1: A candidate with valid GATE scores.
- Option-2: (i) For Full Time M.E. / M. Tech / M. Arch / MBA
- (Infrastructure Management); courses: A candidate who has passed prescribed qualifying examination (BE / B.Tech / BArch) or equivalent examination and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects in all the years is eligible for admission to M.E. / M. Tech / M. Arch / MBA (Infrastructure Management) courses.
- 45% of marks in both Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I candidates.
Karnataka Exams Authority is the conducting body for KEA PGCET exam.
KEA PGCET entrance exam will be held on Saturday, July 27, 2013 and Sunday, July 28, 2013.
- No separate individual intimation will be sent to the candidates for attending the seat selection. The Counseling Place/Places and schedule will be notified at the time of publication of Merit List.
- Candidate can attend Counseling at any ONE counseling Place opted in the application.
- All original certificates are required to be produced at the time of Counseling. Candidates should get their originals verified strictly on the date indicated in the schedule published along with Merit List, failing which the candidate will lose his/her claim to attend the seat selection process.
- Those who are claiming concession under SC / ST / Cat-I and other category (Children of Ex-servicemen / Physically Disabled) should specify the Category / sub-category with authentic documentary support. If adequate information is not supplied in this regard, the candidate’s claim for concession will not be entertained.
- The candidates shall appear for the Counseling at their own cost.
All Candidates have to compulsorily produce their Admission Ticket at the time of counseling. Apart from this, the following original documents are required to be produced:
a. SSLC Marks Card or Marks card equivalent to 10th standard
b. PUC Marks Card or Marks Card equivalent to 12th standard
c. All Degree Marks Cards
d. Valid Caste Certificate obtained under rule 7 of the Karnataka Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes (Reservation of appointment etc.) Rules 1992
e. Income Certificate, if claiming admission under Caste reservation category.
f. Authentic documents certified by the Tahashildar / Competent Authority for claiming admission under Caste reservation category.
g. Study Certificate:
i. Seven year study certificate issued by Head Master / Principal, Primary or High School, counter signed by Block Education Officers.
OR ii. Seven year study certificate issued to “Grameena Abyarthi”, counter signed by Block Education Officers.
If a candidate fails to produce a valid Study certificate, he/she is considered under Non - Karnataka Category.
h. Relevant Domicile certificate in the case of candidates claiming seat reserved under Ex-Serviceman category.
i. Physical Disability certificate in case of candidates claiming seat reserved under Physically Disabled category.
Please Note: (a) Immediately after verification, all the original certificates will be returned to the candidate.
(b) When the required original documents are not produced as specified above, such applications are liable for rejection.
(c) Where candidates or their parents or guardians furnish false or incorrect marks card or a statement of marks or a certificate or an affidavit filed along with the application, such application shall be liable for rejection and the candidates and their parents or guardians, as the case may be, shall also render themselves for civil and criminal action.
The allotment of seats will be done as per the Seat Matrix [Available under PGCET group's Additional Information Files] published by the Government of Karnataka. There will be both General & Reserved Category seats under Government Seats and only General Category Seats under Management Seats(surrendered by Private Unaided Institutions, if any).
(i) The General Category and Reserved Category seats under Government Seats shall be allotted to only those candidates who qualify as Karnataka candidates.
(ii) The General category seats under Management Seats shall be allotted to both Karnataka and Non Karnataka candidates.
The seat selection process will be facilitated in different Counseling Centers connected by a high speed data network through Video conferencing mode. The candidate shall appear for counseling at his/her choice of counseling place given at the time of submission of application.
The selection of seat by a candidate and admission thereafter shall comprise of the following steps:
i) Registration of the Candidate at counseling centre
ii) Verification of the documents
iii) Exercising the option by candidates (Selection of seats in accordance with merit order) at the counseling centre where the availability of seat is displayed using a projector linked to a computer which is programmed to account for the ongoing selection and balance seats available institution-wise as per the seat matrix.
iv) The candidate shall make payment of admission fee as specified at the fee payment counter, immediately after the seat selection.
v) The candidate shall collect a provisional Admission Order signed by the Member Secretary, CPAC / a person authorized by Member Secretary, CPAC.
vi) Candidates can proceed to the allotted Institution and report there within the last date specified for admission.
vii) If a candidate is not satisfied with his/her selection in the first round and wishes to attend the casual round should not go and report to the Institution allotted in the first round, even if his/her casual round turn happens to be after the last date mentioned in the admission order issued during first round. Such candidates have to attend casual round. If they get more preferred institution, have to surrender the provisional admission order issued in the first round and get a fresh provisional admission order as per their new choice.
viii) In case the candidate feels that there is no better option for him / her in the casual round, he/ she can continue with the same option of first round, in which case the last date for admission shall be extended on the provisional admission order issued during first round.