The Indian aviation industry is one of the fastest growing aviation industries in the world. From being primarily a government-owned industry, the Indian aviation industry is now dominated by privately owned full-service airlines and low-cost carriers. The rapidly growing aviation industry in India has witnessed a remarkable transformation with the entry of private airlines and low cost carriers. From customer support, ticket reservation, transportation of perishable cargo, regulation of traffic to cargo reservations, aviation administration and cockpit resource management, the aviation sector offers plenty of job opportunities. Even the government or aviation regulatory bodies offer numerous job profiles related to this field.
Air hostesses and flight stewards need to have a hospitable and pleasant personality. Pilots, cabin crew and air traffic controllers also need to have a high level of concentration and focus as there is a lot of minute observation and immediate response required in such technical posts and these are also positions of great responsibility as the lives of the passengers depends on the proper functioning of the air plane . As for the technical staff and for almost all jobs in the aviation sector, one must be able to work at different times of the day. One may have to work night shifts and sometimes may have to spend more than 24 hours without sleeping.
Courses : Aviation isn't just flying, or "piloting."Aviation being a broad field, there are many courses and training programs on offer. The following list of aviation courses are offered in India:
* Aviation Safety Training Instructor Courses
* Flight Attendant Courses
* Flight Deck Crew Courses
* Pilot training in Indian Aviation
* Commercial Pilot Training
* Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course
* Cabin Crew & in-Flight Services
* Air Hostess Courses
The courses related to the aviation industry, if done from a recognized and prestigious institute, is highly beneficial to all those who wish to be a part of the aviation sector in diverse job profiles. Aviation courses have to be pursued from different institutes depending upon the kind of course and the type of specialization.
Course Fee: Preparing for a career in aviation doesn't come easy on the pocket. Careers in the aviation industry are much sought after as they are very well paid. Not too many people go in for careers in aviation as the courses are very expensive. However with student loans and high pay packages once one finishes the course and gets a job, that is a lesser problem nowadays.
Aviation job profiles: Aviation offers plenty of jobs, but you have to choose smartly from your area of interest!
1. Jobs for Pilots: Candidates with training in flying may join any of the reputed airline companies in India or abroad as pilots.
2. Jobs for Aeronautical Engineers: Candidates with degrees in aeronautical Engineering have excellent career opportunities in the aviation industry. Several aircraft manufacturers hire aeronautical engineers for entry level openings as well as senior positions.
3. Jobs for Air Hostess: This profession attracts smart and young women who love to do a lot of traveling and believe in hard work. Several companies offer lucrative pay packages and other facilities for the pleasure of their employees in this field of work.
4. Jobs in Airline Ticketing: Candidates with the requisite qualification may join any of the airline companies. The job includes reservation and booking of flight tickets for the customers. You will also have to help them in planning their route.
5. Customer Service Jobs: There is a great demand for young and hardworking people in this field. Customer satisfaction is the main priority for all the airlines today. Customer service executives are entrusted with the duty of looking after various problems and requirements of the clients.
Nature of Work: The nature of work is different for different types of workers in the aviation industry. Whereas being a pilot or an air hostess is most advertised, there are other equally lucrative options in the aviation industry. Those desirous of a career in aviation sector have plenty of option to look out for. From customer support, ticket reservation, transportation of perishable cargo, regulation of traffic to cargo reservations, aviation administration and cockpit resource management, the aviation sector offers plenty of job opportunities.
Aviation industry has always been prone to risk due to oil prices. When Jet Airways was laying off crew, Indigo was hiring every month. International airlines like Emirates and Singapore airline have started their recruitment drive again after temporarily freezing it. So things are getting back on track. With Commonwealth on its way, even in India airlines are hopeful to get better business.
Depending upon which airline you work for, and which aircraft you operate, the salary structure differs. Also depending upon a person’s seniority in a airline company can increase the salary bar. However, the minimum salary in this industry begins with Rs 15,000 and sky is only the limit.