Admission to MBA course in the institutes and University colleges in the state of Uttaranchal is made on the basis of the merit/rank in the UAJET test followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The general admission procedure includes:
- Candidates will be short-listed on the basis of their performance in the Written Test and shall be listed for Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
- The Merit List shall be prepared for each category of candidates separately.
- For the selection, it is necessary that the candidate has appeared in both the Written Test and in the Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- In case of candidates securing equal marks the merit will be decided by considering the marks in Personal Interview.
- In case there is a tie on the above basis the merit of candidates will be decided according to their marks in Group Discussion.
- If there is a tie in total marks, Group Discussion, Personal Interview and Written Test, then the merit will be decided on the basis of age. Candidate with higher age will be given higher merit.
Application forms and brochure of UAJET can be obtained from the designated branches of State Bank of India against payment of the specified amount plus bank charges.
UAJET-application forms can also be downloaded from UAJET website: www.kumaununiversity.org and printed on A4 size executive bond papers. The duly filled in/downloaded forms should be sent to the Coordinator, UAJET, Kumaun University campus, Bhimtal-263136 (along with a crossed Demand Draft of the specified amount in favour of the Financial Officer, Kumaun University, Nainital, payable at Nainital).
UAJET test is conducted in the places as listed below:
Candidates are recommended to check the information Brochure of UAJET, for the exact test centre details as the UAJET Co-ordination Committee of Kumaun University, Nainital, reserves the right to change the test center.
UAJET Test comprises of objective type questions to test the verbal ability, quantitative aptitude, logical and abstract reasoning & knowledge of current affairs. The following is a brief description of contents of the test paper.
- English Language: The questions cover grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, relationship between words and phrases and comprehension of passages.
- Quantitative Aptitude: It consists of a test of numerical aptitude based on general mathematics, numerical calculation, arithmetic, simple algebra and geometry. This also tests the ability to interpret common graphs, charts and tables.
- Verbal Reasoning: The test is based on assessment of figures, diagrams, unfamiliar relationships and verbal reasoning.
- Current Affairs: It is related to trade, industry, economy, sports and culture.
- Statistics: Theory of probability, Mean, Median, Mode, Dispersion and Standard Deviation.
Duration of UAJET written test is 2.5 hrs.