A branch of engineering which studies elements both from electrical engineering and computer science and applies it to the making and development of computers and computer-based systems. The role of a computer engineer is to analyzing problems for solutions, formulating and testing, using advanced communications or multi-media equipment, or working in teams for product development. Also known as Computer Science Engineering, the field is divided into 2 branches:
- Software Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
Due the rapid growth of IT industry in India and healthy foreign investments, job prospects in this sector are brimming with opportunities. Basic skills of Physics and Maths are mandatory for an aspirant.
Courses & Eligibility Criteria:
The various courses that are offered under Computer Engineering include :
- B.E. Computer Science and Engineering.
- B.E. Computer Technology.
- B.Sc. Software Engineering.
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering.
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Information Technology.
- B.Tech. Computer Software Engineering.
- Computer Science and Engineering (DIPIETE/ AMIETE).
- Diploma in Computer Engineering.
- Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering.
- Diploma in Computer Technology.
- Diploma in Software Engineering.
- M.E. Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- M.E. Computer Science and Engineering.
- M.E. Computer Science and Information Technology.
- M.E. Computer Technology and Applications.
- M.E. Software Engineering.
- M.E. Systems Engineering and Operations Research.
- M.Tech. Computer Aided Design (CAD / CAM).
- M.Tech. Computer and Communication Engineering.
- M.Tech. Computer Applications in Industrial Drives.
- M.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering.
- M.Tech. Computer System and Networking.
- M.Tech. Internet and Network Engineering.
- M.Tech. Network and Internet Engineering.
- M.Tech. Network Engineering.
- M.Tech. Soft computing and Machine Learning.
- M.Tech. Software Engineering.
- Ph.D. Computer Science and Engineering.
The eligibility criterion for admissions in a Bachelor’s programme is 10+2 in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects. The 2 year M.tech course can be pursued after successfully completing an Undergraduate course. One can also take up a Diploma/certificate course after completing class X. Students are subjected to go through entrance exams like GATE for admissions in B.Tech & M.Tech courses.
- Game Systems
- Customer service
- Database systems
- Embedded systems
- Operating systems
- Computer Validation
- Software engineering
- Circuits and signals
- Technical Applications
- Interactive Systems Engineering
- Computer architecture and organization
As computers are penetrating into almost every sector like education, health care, travel& tourism, entertainment, automobile, banking and insurance, construction, engineering, telecommunication, etc. job opportunities are enormous for a computer science engineer in IT as well as non-IT domains. Employment of computer software engineers is projected to increase by 38 percent in the next 4 years, which is much faster than the average for all occupations. This occupation will generate about 324,000 new jobs, over the projections decade, one of the largest employment increases of any occupation. The major recruiters of computer science graduates are AOL, Cognizant, Infosys, Tech Mahindra, Aditi Technologies, Wipro, HCL Technologies, HP and many other computer based firms. Graduates can also be employed as researchers in various universities, private firms, government departments etc. Chances of working abroad are quite lucid in this field.
- Web Developers
- System Designer
- Help Desk Specialist
- Networking Specialist
- Data-warehouse Analyst
- E- Commerce Specialists
The salary structure is very high compared to other engineering disciplines. A fresher may receive anywhere between Rs.20000 to Rs.25000 per month. Impressive appraisals are rest assured for the adept individuals.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,