Engineers research and develop solutions to technical problems by applying the theories and principles of science and mathematics. The continuous glint in technological advancements has taken this field to vertiginous heights that no other field of study can ever attain such affinity among the students. A career in engineering and technology so far remains the numerous Uno choices for parents and even students take delight in pursuing such a career that always has something to provide them on the long run.This is one profession which can make you explore the depths of ocean and take you to as far as the outer space where creativity and adeptness know no limit.
- Engineering courses are usually offered at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level.
- The eligibility criterion for undergraduate courses is a pass in 10+2 with 50% marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics.
- One can opt for B.E/ B.Tech in the disciplines of computer science, electronics, chemical, automobile, ceramics, environmental, textile, marine, production engineering etc.
- For postgraduate course i.e. M.E/M.Tech, a Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required and for doctoral course, post graduation in the relevant subject is essential.
- Admission to the engineering courses is done on the basis of merit in the entrance exam conducted at the state or national level.
- Regarding the program of study, the topics and the syllabus differ from stream to stream.
- Generally, engineering students are given lessons through experiments in the laboratories, practical exposure, apart from bookish knowledge.
- As entry level engineers gain experience and knowledge, they may work more independently, making decisions, developing designs, and solving problems.
- With further experience, engineers may become technical specialists or supervisors over a staff or team of engineers or technicians.
- In general, engineering employment is expected to grow about as fast as the average for all occupations through 2018, although outlook will vary by branch.
- Engineers find job opportunity in almost all related industries, academics and research institutes.
- They could also find employment in the government sector as well, in various arms of state and central government.
- Engineers start their career with an impressive salary package, yet the remuneration varies considerably from one organization to the other.
- In general, an engineer draws around 15,000 – 25, 000 Rs at entry level. However, with experience and time, the remuneration increases.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,