Group Discussion is an important aspect and most companies have a GD round while recruitment. Group Discussion is the place for the Potential employers learn more about the applicants; his/her co ordination with team, communication skills and it is an opportunity for applicants to stand out.
During this discussion, you will be competing with the other members of the group, so it is critical that you make the proper impression. It is critical for you to make a good impression and draw attention to yourself, without being rude with the other members. Here are a few useful tips for GD which will help you.
Guidelines for Group discussion:
Dos of participating in a GD:
- Listen to the subject carefully
- Initiate the discussion if you know the subject well
- Listen to others if you don’t know the subject
- Support your point with some facts and figures
- Give others a chance to speak
- Speak politely and pleasantly.
- Disagree politely and agree with what is right.
- Summarize the discussion if the group has not reached a conclusion.
Don’ts of participating in a GD:
- Initiate the discussion if you do not have sufficient knowledge about the given topic.
- Over speak, intervene and snatch other’s chance to speak.
- Argue and shout during the GD
- Look at the evaluators or a particular group member
- Pose negative body gestures like touching the nose, leaning back on the chair, knocking the table with a pen etc.
- Display low self confidence with shaky voice and trembling hands.
- Try to dominate the discussion
- Put others in an embarrassing situation by asking them to speak if they don’t want.
For Frequent updates you can share with your friends,